Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket headlights for VE (with DRL) - have you fitted them?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
IMO just get SSV projectors and a complete HID kit, that is what i am going for.

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Only changing ADR compliant parts have to be replaced with ADR compliant parts pretty simple. I got projector headlights with HIDs for my SV6. Best combo out there stick with genuine parts always

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
I'm not a fan of the DRLs unless they are on the Audis. All the others look crap in my opinion. HSV should get rid of the ones because it looks out of place and shocking. I recently got some HIDs for my SSV to see if they work ok and they do. Got it from ebay as a lot of the LS1 lads recommended a seller. Complete kit, just screws straight in no hassles.

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Hey mate, sorry for the delay. Noticed that you started another thread and others posted the link to the ebay item. I got the low beam fitted to see what it's like and I'm really happy with it. Thinking of getting the fog light kit but then have to look for a parker and also the high beam. Not sure though. Don't want to blind anyone else on the road. :)

Cheers
Arj

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Ok cool thanks, just grab some LED parkers from ebay, I am happy with the ones i got for about $15, they look the part. If i were you i would not worry about blinding others because you have the projectors. Although you don't in the high beams but people should not be seeing them anyhow. i am installing 55W all round. It will be interesting :)

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Stick to 35W for your low beam mate you will still blind people with 55W

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Yes 35W is more than adequate keep the 55W for the high beams