Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket headlights

Vonrottes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
If you're thinking about using the jap projector inserts be aware they don't look very good imo. I forget what they're called (mr something).

Best just buying a LHD light aftermarket.

Our options here are equally trash imo.

Spec-D which is renowned for their terrible build quality, trash optics and looking cheap as.
And spyder.
Which is significantly more expensive than the spec-D option, look just as bad and still aren't of very high quality. Plus they use a really ugly design for the led running lights.

I'm wanting something a little different for my car, and the original plan was just hunt down a spare set of OE housing, paint the shrouds/surrounds, honeycomb etch the lenses, double projectors, demon eyes on the highs and halos on the lows..
But a lot of people here in the states get that exact conversion done. It looks great but the g8 here, when customized have like two build paths, all the products are basically the same and you just pick the brand you are most loyal to.

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
I have just bought these LED projector headlights and tail lights. What's the best LED to use for the headlights?