Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AFTERMARKET turbo install & INSURANCE options

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Boring thread i know, but id like to know what options people have gone with when they have turbocharged their late model car and any places to stay away from that might offer the insurance but then pull the pin once an accident happens.

It's just one of those topics that first hand experience is really needed as the insurance topic can be hard enough with a fully complied vehicle

Cheers

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
No one insures their turbocharged bomadore ?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
No company will insure you if the car hasn't been engineered.

If it's been engineered, most companies still aren't interested in insuring you. Shannon's seems to be a common choice for people with certified modified cars.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Have you been declined getting insurance on an aftermarket turbo kitted late model LS ?

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Shannons is covering alot of people i know who own VE/VF SS Commodores Turbo, Twin Turbo and Supercharged modified V8's, few of them have had minor accidents with no issue getting repaired, none of them have wrote them off so can't tell you that one.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Boring thread i know, but id like to know what options people have gone with when they have turbocharged their late model car and any places to stay away from that might offer the insurance but then pull the pin once an accident happens.

It's just one of those topics that first hand experience is really needed as the insurance topic can be hard enough with a fully complied vehicle

Cheers

Who have you tried?

The obvious answer will always be Shannons, I don't even have a modified car and I had issues getting insurance from many insurers for just an old Clubsport.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Haven't tried anyone, thought id try the ask first ( from first handers) then try as I don't really want to have to ring all of the insurers out there to get typical answers

Forums are usually great for these answers

Previous and current is AAMI and SGIC

Never had any issues with my turbo modified falcons and mods listed, but were talking about a factory turbo fitted vehicle, the clubby was no dramas either but it's stock ATM

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
These people that say no insurance company insures is incorrect. I have a highly modded VF just about every thing on the car is modified including totally different engine. And its insured with NRMA no worries. The only thing is they dont insure for the full worth of the mods etc. So if you want to insure that you have to go through some one like Shannons etc.