Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket VE Headunit

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Hi , gee that certainly is a big screen , as long as it has a remote steering jack input the iDatalink should work , but it would need a bit of research to be sure because I really know very little on this subject .

Sorry mate but I'm not a fan of the screen floating around/sticking out like that. I like Astros one because it sits flush with the rest of the dashboard.
To be honest i'm also not a fan of the VF dash and the way mylink headunit looks either so i'd say what you've done is an upgrade. :)
I've always like the VE head units though even if they do strange things quite often:D

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Looks very smart, there is a couple of more options out there that are around the same price.
Envyous Customs $895 and Digo Options $889

https://www.digoptions.com.au/huge-11-android-gps-for-holden-commodore-ve-series

https://www.envyouscustoms.com/audi...reen-navigation-android-radio-11inch-upgrade/

Your Ebay link didn't work for me but i think this is it here.

I can't believe how much i got ripped off years ago when i bought the Alpine one for my old International but then again i don't think these were available back then.

I wish they made these for series2 and HSV's i think they look great.

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Hi , gee that certainly is a big screen , as long as it has a remote steering jack input the iDatalink should work , but it would need a bit of research to be sure because I really know very little on this subject .
Hey mate have you used the iDataLink before?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Anyone else dealt with or used this unit from Kayhan? it seems like you can retain all the stock features of the car including Front and Rear sensors but while they appear to have mostly good reviews on google there are some pretty bad horror stories which is putting me off.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Anyone else dealt with or used this unit from Kayhan? it seems like you can retain all the stock features of the car including Front and Rear sensors but while they appear to have mostly good reviews on google there are some pretty bad horror stories which is putting me off.
Search the forum...
Kayhan gets mentioned a bit, but not in a good light....

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yep. Hand over the cash and it’s all smiles. Need support with a glitchy system later on and you get nothing.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
It just seemed to be able to integrate better with all the factory stuff (from what I could find) so far talking to installers about what I wanted to achieve doesn't seem plausible.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Sorry to rehash an older thread but I found the Aerpro facia conversion kit for the VE to be brilliant. Today I installed a Pioneer head unit into the Aerpro duel zone facia kit. Have all steering wheel controls and kinda looks more original than the “Tesla looking” 11” screen. Put in Rockford Fosgate 6.5” front and back 2 pioneer amps and small sub, quote a nice system for a decent price.

Attachments

• FADC672B-C8C9-47BA-A545-04EAECB23E96.jpeg
    FADC672B-C8C9-47BA-A545-04EAECB23E96.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 142