Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ahhh...

VRDaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
A nice little frustration venting post to all my friends.............

For months I looked on sites, car yards etc etc looking for a nice commodore, at the right price and condition of course!

One fine day on another of my car hunts I was browsing through various car yards in Geelong and was seeing basically trashy cars or overpriced cars (as usual) so I was about to leave and give up for another weekend, WHEN!

A worker at a car yard came out of his little office (as they do when they see a sucker in for his first car) and spoke to me and my dad about his cars etc etc... When he realized that we were in the market for a nice looking commie he mentioned a VR that had recently come into his possession through his mechanic buisness.

After the weekend I urged dad to call back the guy to arrange a meeting so I could see the car, he finally gave in to my annoyance and we met with the mechanic a few days later to view my future car. As I pulled up (in my dads AU....lol) I instantly fell in love with the dark blue '94 VR that was parked out the front.

We worked out a price of $2800 as is, and $4000 with RWC, 12mths REGO, stamp duty etc etc, and I'm currently waiting it to be brought up to roadworthy condition. It's probably been the longest couple of weeks in my young life but I'm sure the wait will be well worth it.

....Especially when the mods start going on/in. :yeah:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Indeed, finding that 1 car that makes you happy is a great feeling. Enjoy your stay at JC and your motoring :)

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
post up some pics for us to see it.

VRDaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Its always nice waiting it out, then finding the car you instantly fall head over heels for. Good find, and its a pretty good price to. 4 grand for RWC and 12 months Rego. How many K's on it?

Yeah I was pretty happy with the price, I'll double check how many k's done for you. Also did I mention its on gas?

Indeed, finding that 1 car that makes you happy is a great feeling. Enjoy your stay at JC and your motoring :)

It really is a great feeling, thanks for the welcome minux :)

post up some pics for us to see it.

Next time I go to see her I'll take some pics to show you guys, hopefully thats not too far off.

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
sounds good mate cant wait to see it and maybe when mine is on the road go cruizing around geelong with ya

VRDaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
sounds like a plan mate, cant wait to see yours finished!

VRDaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
sounds awesome man.. hope you enjoy your first car treat her right

Of course! Wouldn't dream of mistreatin' a commodore.... Well wouldn't dream of mistreating any car I guess!

Just an update on the picture front, going to the mechanic either Thursday or Friday and taking my digital camera :)

VRDaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Got some pics of her, very very damn dirty hasn't been cut or polished or anything so yeah. Got an in car DVD system for her and the super lows go in Monday. :thumbsup: Also mechanic told me she'd be roadworthy by the end of the upcoming week and registered at the start of the following one. :yeah:

Attachments

• car1.JPG
    car1.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 158
  • car2.JPG
    car2.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 159