Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ai insurance

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Hey guys just purchased a new car and have been looking for insurance. ai insurance is one of the cheapest. the things I have read seem good just wondering if anyone has had experience with them. dont think I have heard of them before

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
My general thoughts on insurance is you get what you pay for. I have never heard of AI insurance but what can be a cheap price now can be weeks/months of delays, confusion and hold-ups if/when you have a collision.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
I heard justcar insurance is pretty good? its only a little more then ai but pretty sure I can mod the car with justcar where as I dont no with ai

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
End of the day you get what you pay for. Don't just look at the price, look at what the policy covers, the excess and the exclusions.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
done a bit of reading and looks like justcar is the go for modded cars. anyone had any bad experiences with them

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
I had third party property with Just cars and it seemed pretty good - I didnt have to make a claim though. Try a quote online for comprehensive because i knew when i tried to do mine and include mods (wheels, suspension, $500 sound equipment, body kit) which is hardly anything in comparison to others it was around 3k which is crazyily high when insuring a 5-6k car.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
done a bit of reading and looks like justcar is the go for modded cars. anyone had any bad experiences with them

Have looked into just cars in the past for the VX. They wanted $1200 when Shannons wanted $750! If they cover modded cars, you could argue they are a high risk group and a high premium is required to pay for all the pay-outs.

NRMA Classic insurance has a strange exclusion - no coverage in a carpark, and you can only drive the car for 9000km/yr.

Also be wary of places that 'tailor your coverage to your usage' if you say you don't drive your car to work, but you then do and you have a crash, you may not be covered.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Checked on AI Insurance a while back,
Newcastle based.
Remember on a ford forum some guy had a nightmare with them.
Issues with whom at fault, excess collection, etc.

Apparently really bad to deal with. Simple google search mate.
AI Insurance Reviewed By Australians - www.aiinsurance.com.au
Dodgy other dealings
Ripoff Report | AI Insurance Complaint Review Internet: 946330

Just Car insurance,
Im surprised, check the excess.

My quotes are usually $1400, but a standard $750 excess + a vehicle excess of usually $600-$1000 (cant remember, but was something like close to 2grand for a claim)
So check the excess in the quote summary.

Alot of people finding this out now.

Im with GIO now

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I had third party property with Just cars and it seemed pretty good - I didnt have to make a claim though. Try a quote online for comprehensive because i knew when i tried to do mine and include mods (wheels, suspension, $500 sound equipment, body kit) which is hardly anything in comparison to others it was around 3k which is crazyily high when insuring a 5-6k car.
Insurance company sees it as a 'crazy' risk insuring a car with mods equal to or more then half it's value.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
With an increased excess to 1g I got quoted about $1000 per year. That's for an unmodified 2011 fg xr6t with luxuary pack n premium sound and stuff which I thought was good for a 25 year old, but I should check how much it goes up if I start modding.