Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air bag light coming on

INMYHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Clubsport
Hi,

My air bag light on the dash has now come on and won't go away. I have no idea what the problem could be? The car is a series 2 VT clubsport. It has leather interior and came with non coulson front seats (i don't believe they had a side airbag as i couldn't find the plug under the seat.)

I however just recently changed to coulson front seats from a VX Clubby which has the plug for the air bag. But since I don't have the plug in my VT s2, this plug from the seats isn't connected to anything.

After i installed the seats, i didn't have any airbag light issue. The air bag light issue came up 3-4 days later.

Not sure if changing the seats has anything to do with my problem but thought i'd include the info anyways.

So can anyone help me as to why my air bag light is coming on or how to diagnose the problem?

and yes i've checked the fuse under the dash and it isn't blown.

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
D

devilly

if something isn't connector then you would have and open loom going on.which can cause problems.

^^^^ love the link above might have to get me one of those :)

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to get a Tech2 (or equivalent scan tool) to diagnose your airbag problem. Where are you located? Forum members may be able to help you.