Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Light Stays On

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Just got my son's VT detailed for sale (he is overseas) and now the airbag light comes on after 10 secs and beeps a couple of times. Just rang Youngs Holden in Vic Park WA and they want $250 just to run a diagnostic on it PLUS any costs to fix it!!!! I am busy blow-drying the interior to see if that helps but any other suggestions welcome.

Take ur car 2 an auto electrician instead 2 get the fault cleared, usual charge 2 hook up the snap-on type tool (similar 2 the tech 2) $90, some places do it 4 $60.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Holden in Melton quoted me $55 to run the diognostics and remove the error code.

Find out exactly what the problem is (sounds like the same thing did) then ask them to delete the code rather than fix it. If you seem to know what your talking about they should'nt rip you off $$$.

tjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 1999 Ute
Thanks for the feedback. I rang around and found a well known car service company in Perth City that will clear fault and re-test for $65-$85. I figure it should be minor if a carpet shampoo caused it? WTF was the holden dealer service manager on? Do they have too much business to be bothered with customers now? I brought another car off them 5 months ago, but guess what, it will be the last time I ever go near them!

MikeWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Thanks for the feedback. I rang around and found a well known car service company in Perth City that will clear fault and re-test for $65-$85. I figure it should be minor if a carpet shampoo caused it? WTF was the holden dealer service manager on? Do they have too much business to be bothered with customers now? I brought another car off them 5 months ago, but guess what, it will be the last time I ever go near them!

How did you go?
I have the same problem, 3 sets of chimes and the light stays on every time I start my 01 VX Acclaim. I think I caused the problem, the car was running when I decided to change a blown fuse, and (stupid me) pulled out the ignition fuse, killing the car. :bang: Has done it ever since then. Took it to an auto electrician who said I would probably need a new module. I think they are around a grand??

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
How did you go?
I have the same problem, 3 sets of chimes and the light stays on every time I start my 01 VX Acclaim. I think I caused the problem, the car was running when I decided to change a blown fuse, and (stupid me) pulled out the ignition fuse, killing the car. :bang: Has done it ever since then. Took it to an auto electrician who said I would probably need a new module. I think they are around a grand??

Go to a wreckers and pick one up cheap. (bout $50)

Its as easy as removing your centre console, unplugging and unscrewing the module and installing the new one.
Will then need to go to holden and pay round $55 to have the code deleted.

All up it will cost about $105, your auto electrician must have seen you comming.
Spend the $55 first at holden and have the code checked with a tech2 first, might just need resetting.

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
By the way, got my airbag light fixed yesterday. Took it to a Holden dealer, dunno how much they charged but it worked. The scan tool didn't pick up any scan codes, so they reset the computer and it hasn't come on since.