Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air bag/seat belt light

vxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
hi guys today i attempted to connect my new stero to my steearing wheel cotrolls .on my vx s pack.that part went well but now the air bag and seat belt light comes on with 3 beeps and stays on .i connected the wires form the stereo.key1 to the yellow wire at the steering wheel controls and the ground black wire from the stereo to the black ground wire of the controls. before all that i disconnected the negative from the battery. in case the air bag got triggered. and i disconnected the air bag from the steering wheel . after all the connections were done for my stereo i reconnected the negative to the battary to check my radio and program the steering wheel controls through the unit.and started the car without the air bag connected ..would that have caused the problem or was it my connections.i am not really worried if the air bag doesnt work . but i would like to get rid of the warning beeps.. if i removed the air bag fuse will that get rid of the beeps ..thanks

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
make sure the airbag connector is done up and will need tech2 to reset it

vxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
come on guys so many views and only 1 reply can any one tell me if it was starting the car with out the air bag been connected that caused the fault code to come up.is it just a matter of reseting it with tech2 code reader..

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
if you turned the ignition on then you would have set a fault, you need to get it reset

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
as soon as you turn ignition on with any SRS fault air bag light will illuminate and stay latched until cleared with a scan tool.
fixing the fault (powered up with bag disconnected) will not clear the light, it needs to have fault fixed and then cleared

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
That's the problem....you started the car with the airbag disconnected and logged an error. It will be have to be cleared before the warnings disappear.

vxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
thank you guys .for all the info..i went to an auot elect.. today and he said its probably what you all said i started it without connecting the air bag .he couldnt do it today he said it needs to be hooked up to the diagnostics computer so they can read the code and clear it he said it could take up to 45 minutes .was quoted $99.00..

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
45 minutes to clear a fault code? :rofl2:

DUKE

Reaction score
Should take a few mins at the most and it is just plug and clear. $99 a bit steep.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
that is a 5 minute job and should cost a 6 pack at the most
even if his computer was turned off, 10 minutes
holden will charge more as they will want to check the system, as they wouldn't want to be liable if there is a fault in your airbag