Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Warning Light.... It Came Back !!!!

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
hey guys, problem.....

a few months ago i took my stato into holden because of the air bag warning light staying on while driving, now they cleared the codes and it went away.

after a little while i started getting the light stay on for a few seconds after you turn the ignition on and now its gone back on permanantly.

any idea's on whats causing it ??? i havent done anything to the air bag's it just came on one day for no reason so im at a loss

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like you have either a loose connection somewhere or a bad airbag controller. I'd check all connections (yellow cables AND disconnect the battery first) and then get the code reset and see what they say. Also check the main battery connections as intermittent/bad connector will cause airbag light. Hope its simple.

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
what codes does the computer have stored in it? Will help with the diagnosis.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
what codes does the computer have stored in it? Will help with the diagnosis.

Not in this case I dont think. No specific codes for air bag errors. Holdens tech instrument can probably do it though.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
get the codes read in the SRS module & this will point you in the right direction, first guess would be the clockspring.

Rob

huskey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
AirBag warning light

Hi guys i have the same problem, Just out of the blue the warning light came on and wouldnt go away.
took it to my auto electrician and he put it on the computer and it gave out a error code 0247 saying right hand side circut power, and so he cleared the history on the ECU. then it was fine for about a week and now its back on again.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
my ABS light stays on, im guessin a sensor is gone. havnt really notice any difference in brakin though

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Since when does the airbag affect the brakes? Doctor Bob is wise, heed his advice. I have read elsewhere that the clockspring can be the problem.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
my ABS warning light comes on intermittantly aswell, is the clock spring that yellow sensor type thing behind the steering wheel ?? cause sometimes when i turn my steering wheel its a bit squeaky