Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bus A320 crash

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I don't know what you guys are reading but on YouTube there are numerous videos of the interview with the french prosecutor describing the cvr recording as he heard it. Sure there needs to be an investigation but the evidence is already damning. The cvr was recovered as operable, they're designed for this ****. I know the conspiracy theorists are strong in this forum but seriously?

The report I heard regards the pilot's mental state came from the BBC World Service , whom I trust a great deal more the You Tube . Just Saying

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Not talking about the mental state or anything other than a man (Brice Robin, with an impeccable history) who has heard the CVR because it's his job and then described it to the world. You do realise legitimate news services use YouTube not just the telly right?

Here, let me save you the trouble: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brice+robin There's BBC and CNN on there if you're concerned.

If the prosecutor is lying to the world media and the world media is in on the lie, I'm happy to fall on my sword. But really, if this is the lie to pick, it's pretty dumb. You'd lie that it was a potential mechanical fault, not that a trusted pilot allegedly murdered 150 people.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Each time some kind of crash like this one occurs and the flight recorder is recuperated the news usually post the audio file. So far, I have not heard it yet. All I can get is someone speaking on behalf of the recorder.

The recorder in question is this one (for what I can find)

maxresdefault.jpg

Doing a little search, I found out that is very common for the A320 to have 1 flight recorder.

According to this 2014 PDF File for the Airbus A320-214

Looking around seems that is a L3 model 2100-4045-00 (L3 is the aerospace company); however, is very common for other aerospace manufactures to make the same CVR (Honeywell makes them too).

FA2100_FDR.jpg

Looking at this PDF file Page 10 the cylindrical part is the memory bank. The squared one that is destroyed is the Aircraft Interface. The cylindrical tube is an acoustic beacon works by galvanic corrosion as soon it makes contact with water.

For what I see on the picture, the important part is the Memory Bank and in my opinion looks recoverable; but does not mean it is.

Here is another bit of info...

According to this maintenance site product FAQ
The Underwater Locator Beacon (ULB) is usually the only part that requires any type of periodic maintenance for most Cockpit Voice Recorders (CVR) and Flight Data Recorders (FDR). This maintenance includes cleaning and testing the ULB every 2 years and replacing the battery every 6 years. It should be noted that some aircraft maintenance programs may include testing and/or bench testing of CVRs or FDRs as part of the aircraft maintenance program.

Will like to see the maintenance records.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Sorry, double post.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Lol, I get it, so unless you run the investigation personally the information can't be trusted.

Either way it's illegal for most flight accident bureaus to release the recordings, they can only release a transcript. Given it only happened 5 minutes ago, we'll probably have to wait and run with the investigators word for now.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
we'll probably have to wait and run with the investigators word for now.

And keep an eye for inconsistencies on the story.

Here some that I was brought to my attention

As far I know, the A319, A320 and A321 they are very similar airplane, just different cabin lengths.

Incident: Lufthansa A321 near Bilbao on Nov 5th 2014, loss of 4000 feet of altitude

By Simon Hradecky, created Tuesday, Nov 18th 2014 17:11Z, last updated Sunday, Dec 28th 2014 22:22Z

Lufthansa Airbus A321-200, registration D-AIDP performing flight LH-1829

Following the occurrence EASA released emergency airworthiness directive 2014-0266-E_1 stating:

An occurrence was reported where an Airbus A321 aeroplane encountered a blockage of two Angle Of Attack (AOA) probes during climb, leading to activation of the Alpha Protection (Alpha Prot) while the Mach number increased. The flight crew managed to regain full control and the flight landed uneventfully.

When Alpha Prot is activated due to blocked AOA probes, the flight control laws order a continuous nose down pitch rate that, in a worst case scenario, cannot be stopped with backward sidestick inputs, even in the full backward position. If the Mach number increases during a nose down order, the AOA value of the Alpha Prot will continue to decrease. As a result, the flight control laws will continue to order a nose down pitch rate, even if the speed is above minimum selectable speed, known as VLS.

This condition, if not corrected, could result in loss of control of the aeroplane.

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Have anybody heard anything new about this or the other 2 incidents?