Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con belt issues!!!

ssv styles

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SSV
Does anyone else have a problem of the air con belt comming off on occasions? Nothing seems out of place and the bearings in the pulleys are ok. How long should a tensioner last? Its a ls2 thats done 98k

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
the only time they usually throw them is when people have a heavy foot. your flooring it to much.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
There is much info on this issue on this forum. There are pics and i think part numbers. use the search bow type in harmonic balancer and or air con belt and look for the relavant info.
Done some looking up for you.......info taken from someone else's post.
Part number 92252927
AC bracket assy incl pulley 92244378
AC belt 92244381 pricing $150 for parts.

Last edited:

ssv styles

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SSV
Cheers fellas makes sence i do like to give her the beans now and again. Easy fix tho.

PhD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Lt Auto
I just did this fix on the weekend. $152 for parts (including a new drive belt) and 2ish hours on jack stands.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Mine was half off the pulley edge but still running. I released the tensioner and pushed it back over. Now I an wondering if the pulley had a higher sidewall on it would this stop the belt coming off. Wondering if somehow an aluminium pulley with higher edges could be fitted as a replacement or just a ring machined and attached to the outside of the pulley.
Why cant Holden have thought of this in the first place?
PS watching Bathurst Norton Nissan being 'massaged' by a 7 lb hammer and Wilson Security Falcon guard hanging off, tyre smoking , BOC car rear right bumper is battered......exciting racing.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I just put a couple centimeters shorter belt on to increase tension a little and hasn't came off yet...

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
I just put a couple centimeters shorter belt on to increase tension a little and hasn't came off yet...
>>>>>Nice work. Obviously enough slack to raise the tensioner and get the belt on, yeah ?
>>>Can you supply the stock/ part number or size of the belt you used please 07GTS?....Thanks in advance.