Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con belt issues!!!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea i had a bit of movement in the tensioner that I could use up and it didn't feel like much pressure was on the belt so think it was a couple cm shorter but ill have a look when I can see if I can find a length...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
looks like my factory belt is a 1101mm length and i now have a 1090mm length so wasnt much in it and could have gone another cm but its been fine since, just a Gates belt...

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Thanks for that. I am guessing that you , like me push the revs up now and then and the new belt has not come off on those occasions.
What sort of revs causes the belt to flick off anyone??

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
I had it happen at quite low revs a few times, so you don't really have to be flogging it for it to happen. It was a design fault which was fixed in series 2. As Grennan said get the upgrade and be done with it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
mine was fine until the blower was fitted then it came off durin tuning and also another hand full of times after from driving around, so far it hasnt come back off and its been on the dyno again since, was only like 20 odd bucks so to me was worth a try before going the revised mounting...

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Yep its erratic. I let an idiot mate of mine drive my SS .....limiter in first and second, then hit 180km/hr in third and no problem (perhaps I was the idiot for letting him drive) .....I had it on the dyno at 150 km /hr in 4th gear no problem....sometimes I rev it out a bit and no probs, but just the other day, it was running half off the pulleys and not sure that i gave it any at any time.
And yes i do check it regularly as its a known problem.

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
Have you checked for harmonic balancer wobble with the engine running ? Common on these engines , had to do mine not long ago , was throwing the ac belt aswell.