Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con not coming out of top vents????

jake01j

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina II
i have climate control system and being trying to figure ouit why it wont come out of the top vents just only coming out of feet vents possible cause to why its doing it?????

helppp?????

bennylimitedsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
svle s/w limit run 80 20 got group a engine box
demister and front vents

i have climate control system and being trying to figure ouit why it wont come out of the top vents just only coming out of feet vents possible cause to why its doing it?????

helppp?????

$$$$$$$$$$$ dash neds to come out hage headache sold a car due to this tryed pulling as much of dash awy srarting with stereo suround then puling as much of the dash peices i could to get to the unit got to it but basicly undid the clip holding the plastic cover shut which was th cause off no air coming from the top vents quick solution but what eva other setting i sellected they remained on but you can close the vents on the dash quick solution but it worked i just removed the plastic panel that was closed full tim and that made it open full time but at least you can turn the vent off at the vent but as for your demister mate that you need the dash fully removed to fix the problem as this is also a roadworthy requirement your probally better off spending the money don know if its a hsv or not but there is a wreckers on heaterdale rd that are selling a vr and a vs for 1500 a peice but cash talks probaly get the vr or vs for 800 to a grand nice clean cars to maybe better option cos that dash removal is a huge job and costl

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Or, you would try and press the MODE button.Pretty sure there is 3 settings, being feet only, top vents only, or both.

bennylimitedsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ps

helppp?????

remove glove box the aircon and heating fan is behind ther check that out also
push the plastic flap down with your hand see where your air blows from set it to high evan open it see what that does trial and error mate see how you go but it is costly and as i said vr vs at pick pay n go have to of them no reg but are very clean streight cars and the price you would be paying to fix the air con and demister you would be better off buying one of them cos if your car isnt a hsv and vr n vs cars arnt realy worth much but if you had a clubby or senator then yeah fork out the dough to get a auto elec to fix it if not pick up one of those nice ones i mentioned everything works on both so you could use yours and another to build up a very nice vs

bennylimitedsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
just noticed mate its only a vr funny thing is the vs this place has is the same blue plus ecotec motor which personly i would prefure that engin over the vr as the vr has 127kw when the ecotec has 157kw plus whateva bolt on upgrades you have added will also bolt strate u and add the extra kws headers rampod all adds up to extra end rigure and for a few extra pennys than getting that headache fixed and a little extra work the way i would go about it any way

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
IF it's the climate control soloniod block that's the problem, it IS replacable without pulling out the entire dash, but its a prick of a job. Pull the headunit out and you should be able to get to it from there

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Benny, Why are you saying it's such a huge and costly job when you don't know exactly what the problem is.

Jake, we need a bit more information. Does it only come out the foot vents no matter what button you press or is it just the face vents that don't work? With the models with climate control there are two main possibilities. 1) you may have knocked the tiny vacuum hose which attaches to the rear of the manifold. Vents need vacuum pressure to open and close. 2) the other option is a faulty vacuum solenoid which is located under the stereo. Worst case scenario is you'll need to remove the glove box, the fuse cover under the steering wheel and the stereo surround and plug in a new or second hand solenoid.

I have had problem #2 for two years now and I can usually get the face vents working by bashing the side of the stereo surround where my left knee is.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Lol, don't get ahead of yourself there benny, its a $10 job. Not worth selling the car over

EDIT: #2 as scooter just described is what I'm talking about. If it has only just developed this problem, sometimes going over bumps might make the top vents work again. Thats a pretty good hint that its the vaccum solenoids

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Also check all your vac lines under the bonnet. Cheap fix. If one pops off then it wont work properly.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
IF it's the climate control soloniod block that's the problem, it IS replacable without pulling out the entire dash, but its a prick of a job. Pull the headunit out and you should be able to get to it from there

Replaced my soloniod all good.
Here is a pic of it see it has round holes at the bottom of the pic.
This is what u need to replace. They are not cheap $120 for me but I work for a dealer.

Attachments

• DSC01422.JPG
    DSC01422.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 3,136