Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con problems

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
changed the little (bird cage),and re-gased.
Heres the problem, the fan works on 1,2,3,4 but its seems to be stuck blowing air on feet and it wont change to window or anything, really driving me nuts since the car wont pass a Blue slip without it fixed , any thoughts or opions would really help
cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Maybe the linking cable behind the control mechanism has snapped or come loose you will just have to pull the control panel out and check, but i think it may be the rod that controls the plastic insides. Pull it out and have a look.

skyper

SKYPER
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
from memory the controls r worked by vacuum,check the vacuum lines

DavoVP

Reaction score
way off topic, but my aircon works great, the only prob is when i take a corner my feet get wet, can anyone tell me where the drain is and how i get to it, pretty please !

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
if your feeet are gettn wet it;ll be your heater core munted - pain in the ring to change to its a whole dash out jobby and then hvac box out and apart which is a nightmare on its own then u will have to get your aircon regassed again...

should replace ya heater core and the aircon bit there at same time

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
as for aiocon controls need to take aircon control block out and check vacuum lines at the back are pushd on firmly - u get to that same was as replacin ya stereo

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
way off topic, but my aircon works great, the only prob is when i take a corner my feet get wet, can anyone tell me where the drain is and how i get to it, pretty please !
The aircon drain hose comes out above the transmission on the passenger side. They clog up and occaisionally need to be unblocked.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yup, passenger side up against the firewall. You should also investigate just how the water is getting over your side of the dash :p

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Just as accentstencil said ,but be very careful if you poke anything into the drain because the heatercore usualy lives above it