Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Advice

VR Cookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Stateman Caprice
Hey mate, my aircon dosent work on setting 2, but it works on 3 :S i dont know why. but its still a pretty good aircon, wounder what the problem is?

Gday buddy, you need to change either the Blower Amplifier (for Climate control) or the Blower Resister (standard System) which is located under the plastic cover under the bonnet and located between the windscreen wipers. theres plenty of forums on how to replace this, and repair due to the cost of the replacement ($216.00 for climate Control) hope this helps
Cheers

vr_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SERIES 2 EXECUTIVE
Hey guys, I have a series 2 vr exec and although the aircon and heater work i can't change which vent it comes out, I have replaced the control unit and that wasn't the problem, It's blowing out the front top dash near the windscreen but won't change to anything else, Any help would be great thanks.

riba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 5.0 S1
hey
i have a VT Calais my demister is leaving an oily residue on windscreen after engine has stopped and demister wont demist this, any one else with the same prob and is there any resolutions for it?

deeranp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
Hey, I have a VS Berlina with climate. Does anyone know how to fix the problem of the climate not starting up? Most of the time it works great but sometimes it wont turn on at all after starting the car :bang:. After anywhere between 10-20 mins it will appear on as if someone just pressed auto, however they didnt as i always leave it on.. Thanks if anyone can help!

Try replacing the "Lamp Check Relay" in the fusebox under the bonnet.

To troubleshoot, first buy a replacement for the "Lamp Check Relay", then the next time when the climate is not working after starting up, swap out the known good relay for each of the relays in that box, starting with the lamp check relay.

That's what I did to fix the same problem with mine.

/DP

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
VP Air Con

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me. I have a 91 VP and her air con has started playing up recently. If I am idling and turn on the air con, the car almost stalls and the revs don't kick up to compensate. Even when I am driving and turn on the air con there is a considerable drain of power from the motor.

The air is cold and there is no squeeling noise coming from the compressor. Anyone got any ideas of how I can fix this? It's never done this before and I have never had any problems with the air con as I run it for 10 minutes minimum each week.

Thanks everyone, this is the best site ever!

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hi All,

Hope someone can help me. I have a 91 VP and her air con has started playing up recently. If I am idling and turn on the air con, the car almost stalls and the revs don't kick up to compensate. Even when I am driving and turn on the air con there is a considerable drain of power from the motor.

The air is cold and there is no squeeling noise coming from the compressor. Anyone got any ideas of how I can fix this? It's never done this before and I have never had any problems with the air con as I run it for 10 minutes minimum each week.

Thanks everyone, this is the best site ever!

Sounds like your idle control device isn't working properly, give your throttle body and IAC valve a thorough clean out with carby cleaner, and that should fix the problem. Not sure what is causing the excessive drain on the motor when you are driving with the a/c on, I do know it does place a considerable drain on the engine, but maybe there is something else going on with your compressor etc?

Sara Pax

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Wagon and 2007 6 litre Calais V
On a VS Calais with Climate Control
What does it mean when an X comes up on the screen in about the middle of the screen
I have seen it before when the weather was hot and it disapeared over winter
Now it is back

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
On a VS Calais with Climate Control
What does it mean when an X comes up on the screen in about the middle of the screen
I have seen it before when the weather was hot and it disapeared over winter
Now it is back

The X means there is a problem with one of the components of the climate control system, usually being a sensor. If you run a diagnostic check on the climate control system you should be able to find out exactly what the problem is.

Sara Pax

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Wagon and 2007 6 litre Calais V
How do you do this