Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag/Dash Problem?? Help plz

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
glue it - The airbag has enough strength to rip a child's head off it's shoulders if they are too close to the module when it inflates, and you're worried about a bit of liquid nails?

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
I made some enquiries with holden and they told me 2 things

1./ the cover is no longer available
2./ the airbag itself is also no longer available

The only way to keeping these things fairly flat is to have a dash mat that can keep them covered yet cut so that they can allow the bag to inflate, but I guess that's a bit late now ?

Cheers
Ron

Woggster

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I made some enquiries with holden and they told me 2 things

1./ the cover is no longer available
2./ the airbag itself is also no longer available

The only way to keeping these things fairly flat is to have a dash mat that can keep them covered yet cut so that they can allow the bag to inflate, but I guess that's a bit late now ?

Cheers
Ron

Yeah i called Holden aswell they have hardly anything for the VS Commodores :(
I was thinking just glue it, but i'm still hesitant about doin that... SOOO MUCH CONFUSION!!! lol

stkatie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
I have a look here now and then fo ran answer to this common problem and pleased to report we finally got ours fixed. Our air conditioning conked out and to get it fixed the repairer had to take out the whole dashboard. He went to a couple of wreckers and managed to get a new dash with the cover intact. Cost $1000 (OUCH!!) to get the air conditioner fixed plus about $100 for the new dash and airbag. We make sure we put up a sun cover on the front window now and hopefully the cover will stay put. I guess it's probably very lucky for us he was able to get the dash without the cover lifted.
What we didn't think to get him to look for was a new button to work the side mirrors and install the CD player we have bought all at the same time. When we told him we had the CD he said he would have installed it. Great bloke!!!!