Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag light

VX S-speeddemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack
hey um just recently my airbad light has come on when i start my car...... i got my mechanic mate to use the computer thing to cancel the code but the next day it came back on

does anyone know wat could be the problem and can it be fixed

cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Your mechanic should have checked what the code was and that should have directed him to the problem. The light comes on because there is a problem and that should be checked not just clear the code.

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
This is the same with my car aswell. dno why it comes on I got it checked out but It came on again. I suggest take it back to your mechanic, thats what I'm doin :D

squidsVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S Supercharged
Mine came on after I had removed the passenger seat to install my Stereo Amp. I managed to catch the seat belt pretensioner cable (part of the Air Bag System) between the Amp and the Seat rail, which shorted and caused the fault. Our mechanic couldn't clear it, so i took it to Holden, who don't repair stuff - they replace it at a cost of $280.

If I had known or if it , I would take both seats out (don't turn the ignition on), inspected the wiring by hand for nicks/cuts/breaks, re-solder as required and tape (or some heat shrink), be extra, extra careful of the wires running under the seat rails, and then take it to a Mechanic to clear the error.

VX S-speeddemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack
yeah i might check the wires but i havent touched them at all it just came on after 6 months of owning the car and now sometimes the horn doesnt work so a mate believes it could be some spring behind the airbag but im gonna have to go tothe mechanic and get it check cause it annoys the hell out of me
thanx for ur help guys

also does anyone know if my 01 vx s pack auto has traction control

cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
yeah i might check the wires but i havent touched them at all it just came on after 6 months of owning the car and now sometimes the horn doesnt work so a mate believes it could be some spring behind the airbag but im gonna have to go tothe mechanic and get it check cause it annoys the hell out of me
thanx for ur help guys
switch
also does anyone know if my 01 vx s pack auto has traction control

cheers

As far as I am aware, if it doesn't have a traction control switch to the right of the gear selector then it doesn't have traction control.
Clock spring is the thing you were referring to.

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
Never repair airbag wiring. It isn't designed to be repaired, and unless you want your head to land in the back seat (separate to your body), don't bring anything near the airbag wiring that could induce current or voltage, that includes static electricity.