Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag warning light!!

bandit44

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
The poor old seats in my vt have finally come to the end of there days. The foam padding and covers are starting to deteriorate, i rang holden and got quoted a small fortune to replace them. I opted to fit some good sports seats [which i got off a friend for a steal ] which cost me 1/2 the quote of the parts alone. Heres the problem, my vt seats have side air bags, the sports seats dont. With the air bag disconnected from the drivers seat [ i've only got one in so far, had to see how they fitted first ] it has now activated the air bag light. We tryed to reprogram the bcm from 6 air bags to 4 with no success. Will the system reprogram with both sides unplugged ? It comes up saying to high a resistance detected, has anybody come across this problem. Is it possible to bridge a resistor or something across the plug to deactivate the light. Hope somebody has found a cure to fix this. THANKS

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
remove the globe

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
you will need to find the correct sensor under your console for the amount of airbags that the car now has .and then try the tech 2 ........as far as removing the globe ,i honestly have no issues with you doing that ,you will however still get the chime on start up and i would guess at rego time seeing as it has sports seats not commodore seats the inspection may be a little hard to get through

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
commodore branded seat covers?