Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag Warning Light

VT Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2 Wagon
About a week ago I put new carpet in my car so I had to remove both front seats to do so. When I placed them back in and connected the wiring again the airbag light came on and it is staying on.

Can some one please tell me if I can reset it myself or do I need to take it to a Holden Dealership.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
dealership unfortunately. Disconnect the battery next time to avoid this problem

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Either the ignition switch was turned on whilst part of the SRS wiring was undone,or one of the SRS wiring connectors has partly come apart,causing a bad connection...You will need to see holden about it ,they will need to connect a Tech 2 scantool to the vehicle to reset the SRS dashlight..They should also be able to tell you what SRS error code set off the SRS dashlight,this code will give you an idea as to whereabouts the faulty connection or whatever is at..A scantool is the only way the SRS dashlight can be turned off.

MonsterMutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1 3.8 Litre
This happened to me last year.... I have a VX S1.
Took it to the Holden dealer, cost me $100 for them to look at it. Somehow they fixed it? But said it needs a new "AIRBAG MODULE"...which costs $600.

A week ago this happened again, the airbag/warning light went goes on every time I start the car (after 5 seconds).

Is there a way to fix this that is Cheaper (Auto electrician/private mechanic)... Without having to outlay $600?

VSteve

Reaction score
Take it to an auto electrician. Should cost no more than $10 to reset.