Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbox or pod filter? noob question beware!

J

Jason1987

hey guys, as some know i picked up my vl today and really excited!
my friend who has a vl took out the airbox and runs the pob airfilter. is there anything to gain from this? im not sure exactly. he rekons its fantastic but i duno. and how much would it cost to change to pod if anything much?
thanks guys, sorry its a real noob question but previous to this i knew **** all about cars but im really enthusiastic after getting my VL today!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
My brother has a pod on his, wouldn't have a clue about performance but it makes the hornist sucking noise!

W

wkd

if its for an n/a its useless better off getting a k&n panel filter and doing cold air induction.

if its for a turbo then get a pod filter.

EDIT: since your new to the vl scene make sure you check out www.calaisturbo.com.au , its another great site for vls.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rattattack1313

just whack another snorkel on the front of the airbox.....

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Nah that snorkels pretty tiny. Your best following coastvl's CAI article, he's a member on here aswel.. You can still leave the original snorkel there, but just bung up the end so it doesn't suck anymore. And then use the PVC tubing through the guard. Lots better than a pod without heat shielding.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I'd tend to agree with that. It also won't lead to trouble should you replace your AFM with an AMM. (air mass meter)

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I got a pod on mine, i noticed when i put my foot down my PWR lights sometimes comes on then turns of when i drop the revs or turn on the switch then off again. Dunno whether that means its sucking in too much air and thinks its in PWR mode or its just faulty.
But my power mode button still works...

C

chrgdstatesman

hey whats better for a supercharged six a cold air intake or a pod air filter. dis is on a vs statesman