Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbox or pod filter? noob question beware!

G

Grantis1976

Sorry about the confusion there, it was a statment I spose !:drink:

samvlcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
hi all

who sells K&N filters in Adelaide, does super cheap and repco etc sell them? and how much would a K&N panel filter cost for my VL calais. how significant are the gains? in other words is this worth doing?

cheers

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
yah sprint, super cheap etc, will sell them. i think i payed 100 bucks for mine (panel type) and as for is it worth it cant say, throtal was more responsive but power gains cant say

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
samvlcal said:
hi all

who sells K&N filters in Adelaide, does super cheap and repco etc sell them? and how much would a K&N panel filter cost for my VL calais. how significant are the gains? in other words is this worth doing?

cheers

yeah any of the major chain stores will have them. $99 is about as low as they get but usually about $130 or so. then you need a cleaning kit which is about another $30. i got mine for free (21st present) and i reckon if it wasn't free i wouldn't have bothered, i don't reckon the gains are worth the money. i can get a silverline branded paper panel from work (repco) for about $6 and they flow better than ryco ones and not that far off the k&n (tested on the ping pong ball flow thing they have in the stores and from personal experience) so yeah i reckon just get a good paper one and spend the money you saved on something that will give you better gains (advance the timing, better fuel, chip, cam, give it a good service or whatever takes your fancy)

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
My car had a K&N panel in it when I got it and I had a K&N pod sitting around so I put it on and it sounds heaps better. I cant hear the induction noise that much but the exhaust note is deeper. So I dont really care if I lose 1 or 2 kws, I wouldnt miss them anyway.