Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AirCon cuts in and out

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
cheers i know the plug you talking about, whats weird is today and yesturday it worked fine again, must be the sender like you said, if it happens again will bridge, pic would still be handy though

Bent_6

3/4motorsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Acclaim V6/ VS SII Acclaim V6
Mines doing exactly the same thing.
I switch it on and it gets semi cool then starts to cut in and out every few seconds. i took it to an A/C guy and he reackons it needs retro-fitting at about $300.
I was gonna bite the bullet and pay up but will be most interested to see how this wire will work on mine.
Looking forward to a pic.

Steve

andynogo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 wagon
I had a similar problem on mine. It's a V8 so I don't know if it's the same as a V6 but anyway.... it turned out to be a heat cut off switch on the body of the compressor that was faulty. I just bypassed it after checking the compressor was ok. Problem solved.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Mines doing exactly the same thing.
I switch it on and it gets semi cool then starts to cut in and out every few seconds. i took it to an A/C guy and he reackons it needs retro-fitting at about $300.
I was gonna bite the bullet and pay up but will be most interested to see how this wire will work on mine.
Looking forward to a pic.

Steve

haha
do u no what a retro fitting is? its a valve they put on early commodores so that they can use the gas that they use for new commodres, the retrofitting is about 10$ each and u need 2.. that guys a wanker

Bent_6

3/4motorsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Acclaim V6/ VS SII Acclaim V6
haha
do u no what a retro fitting is? its a valve they put on early commodores so that they can use the gas that they use for new commodres, the retrofitting is about 10$ each and u need 2.. that guys a wanker

Apparently he is!
I have heard of it done with Falcons before to convert from R12 to 134a but that was also the reciever bottle if i remember correctly.
I read on my reciever that it can take either gas so i was a bit sus when he said it had to be done to change gasses

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
they do take the old and new gasses but the fittings are different.. the reason they want to use new gas is because the machines are pretty much automatic.. we stopped using the ond gas at work and just retrofit

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
I have a similar problem. Mine seems to cut out after a few minutes then come back to life about 30 seconds later. I'm not 100% sure the compressor is cutting out but I can feel the air is warmer during these 30 second periods. For my situation, would you recommend me doing the bridge trick? Could you please post those pics Keesh. cheers

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
overgassed?

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
overgassed? mine was re-gassed at start of summer as previously stated, the guy was pritty thorough, used probes afterwards to check how cold the air con in cabin was, was checking for leaks for about 20min, how can you get overgassed?