Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airflow Meter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
The PCM has MAF reference tables, The MAF outputs a freqency in Hz, the table then contains the relevent flow rate in Grams per Second of airflow at that Freqency so the pcm can work out how much air is going in, Different mafs have different output frequency's for different volumes of air, so the engine will run leaner or richer depending on the error margin of airflow between the tables and the frequency the MAF is outputting.

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Whats the advantages of a larger maf? I was looking at them when preparing my shopping list on mace's site

MACE

Reaction score
Whats the advantages of a larger maf? I was looking at them when preparing my shopping list on mace's site

Hey Mr.38L,

The idea behind going a larger MAF or no MAF at all (common with LS1's) is to reduce the pressure drop in the inlet tack, allowing the engine to breath easier. More about the practicalities of the test are shown in the links below

With a tune there are genuine gains to be had, don't need to take my word for it, can measure the improvement with a coke bottle, tube and some cordial yourself :)

Eliminating Negative Boost - Part 4
Modifying the VL Turbo Intake

Normally an expensive mod, when you consider a custom tune, we should hopefully have a mail order tunes to suit certain vehicles over the coming weeks. This basically means that this mod will become considerably more affordable and worthwhile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I dont understand how people think.
How much power do you think you will gain out of a 72mm bored out maf meter?
Read up on the combustion engine and electronics systems on the car find out how they work.
F1 cars spend 1 millon dollars for 1 sec faster.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I dont understand how people think.
How much power do you think you will gain out of a 72mm bored out maf meter?
Read up on the combustion engine and electronics systems on the car find out how they work.
F1 cars spend 1 millon dollars for 1 sec faster.

its not a matter of one part working on its own its a case where a whole lot of small upgrades can make a really big difference... the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts

or at least it goes something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.