Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alarm announcement

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
I've been driving a series 2 ve thunder ute lately and have noticed that there has been 2 occasions that the display has come up with alarm announcement on the unit. I'm unsure as to what it means. I've looked in the book but can't seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know what it is about? Thanks in advance

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
I've been driving a series 2 ve thunder ute lately and have noticed that there has been 2 occasions that the display has come up with alarm announcement on the unit. I'm unsure as to what it means. I've looked in the book but can't seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know what it is about? Thanks in advance

Hi Mate, Have alook at my thread, was it something like this?
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/182975-strange-pop-up-iq-screen.html

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
Similar but not quite. It said alarm announcement up the top of the iq screen where it usually says the climate control temperature. It also turned some sound on, not sure what it was possibly radio or something. Then it disappeared when the car was started. Don't think it's to do with traffic updates or anything like that.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Not sure if it is what you are descrbing but sounds like what I read in the book, if so it means that you car has been tampered with since the ignition was turned off. I think it gives a 30 second delay then kicks in and monitors boot, bonnet and doors, if any are opened after that time, it shows you the alarm announcement on the screen to advise you of possible tampering. I think you can set the options to act like a normal car alarm, sound horn and/or flash lights etc or be silent, in any case it will tell you on the screen when you put your keys back in the ignition (system check).

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I've had pop-ups that state "National Emergency broadcast" which cuts out the music but nothing is ever anounced, shame!

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
To add to that I hadn't taken the keys out, I had turned the ignition off, and was sitting in it waitin for my partner to come back, don't think I touched anything but yeah then after a bit it came up. I hadn't turned the ignition back on when it came up. That's what confused me. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the newer commys as my last one was a vs.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Well i may know what it is don't quote me though but it maybe alerted to remind you that you left the keys in the ignition seeming you didn't take them out

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2