Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alarm Installation

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Just a few questions.

I have just purchased a alarm system and central locking kit for my car. Central locking is in (after 3 days doing it myself) (im not slow.. it's the monsoon season, so rain delays etc.. etc.. :p)

Anyway im onto my alarm now.
Q1: On the wiring diagram is says to "connect to *Negative door inspecting*" and also "*Positive Door Inspection*"
On the diagram it says to run to the negative door triggering switch and positive door triggering switch..... Any help on.... WHAT this is? Its not to do with the central locking as thats on a different pin-set.

Q2: the picture below.. I know what the ground symbol is.. but (X)... Am i right in saying that.. err.. "connect to" or Cross wires? or.. umm damn dunno how to explain.. but u know what i mean? whats it stand for?

Any help would be greatly appriciated..

Also anyone wouldn't happen to have a wiring diagram of the ignition switch? (just tryin my luck :p)

Cheers
Mike.

Attachments

• symbol.JPG
    symbol.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Your doors are negative triggering so just connect the wire to the white wire at the door pillar.Commodores dont use positive triggeringThe symbol is usually a light and like you said the bit at the end is a earth connection.

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
OK Just a couple more wires to go! Its a mission! Its taken me almost 4 days just to get the alarm does because of the rain! and its too dark in the shed to do it in there.

1:
Anyway! What im chasing now is a connection that will be activated upon succefull ignition start!?! i doubt there is one in the commodore?
installation wiring diagram says
"Connect to the LED of instrument or ON ignition (will be positive after starting successfully)"
Well the *ON* ignition is active as soon as you turn the key to ON.. so that wont work? or will it? i already have the "ON Inspecting" connected to that

Maybe a timer delay relay will fix this if there isn't one?

hrm thats the only question for now. I only have like the brake inspection wire & starter module to go now. (Im not afraid of releasing my alarm information as i live out the middle of no where and doubt anyone on this forum lives within 100km's of me :p :thumbsup:

Cheers in advance I dont trust the local mechanics with my car :p Last time i picked up my car there where black marks left in the garage.. and i know my tread :p (bit obvious too when the marks lined up with my car)

Cheers
Mike.