Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alcohol and seizures

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
you were lucky they didnt refer you to have your license stripped..
a mate had 1 seziure in his life at work.. and they took his license away till he was proven normal.. took 6 months and nothing was ever found wrong.. this was 3 years ago and he still has not had another.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Yeah, though I don't think the ambos can do that can they, only a doc can, right? Anyway I'm going to see if I can see the Doc next week, and one thing I am worried about is that he might recommend that my license be cancelled.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Yeah, though I don't think the ambos can do that can they, only a doc can, right? Anyway I'm going to see if I can see the Doc next week, and one thing I am worried about is that he might recommend that my license be cancelled.

They won't unless they have reason to suspect that it's related to anything other than excessive consumption of alcohol/drug-alco mix etc. People have seizures for many reasons, most of which can be controlled by avoiding a certain substance etc. Even epileptics can hold a licence if they go 4 years without a seizure, I think it is.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
You can keep your lcense if you can prove that the seizures are undercontroll.

Alcohol can cause epilepsy just ask my brother. A night out on the town drunk fuel violence and a king hit to back of the head ruined his life he has about 3-4 seizures a week on average sometimes he can have that many in a day. Cant get a job cant have a drivers license all the ambos know him by name he's had 56 call outs. mainly when he's just going to the shop to get some milk or something.

There's nothing worse then scum who go out to start fights

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
a similar thing happened to my mum recently had a sezuire after a few drinks. shes had 8 since and has been diagnosed with "sticky blood"

apparently it was pure coincidence that she had the first one after drinking.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Could be related. When i was younger i had partial complex seizures and absent seizures but luckily grew out of it. My current room mate has epilepsy and can't drink a lot, though this is somewhat due to the medication also. Best to be checked out mate and have all the tests dont weather you think you need them or not, better to be safe than sorry with this kind of stuff.
Best of luck!

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
diabetis will do that. :( something to do with the alcohol stripping all your sugar or something. best go get the prick to find out cos' that can lead to a stroke if untreated.

+1, bundy has alot of sugar in it, which supports this claim