Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aldi to sell beer for $1

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
The Aldi scotch is nice $25 for 700ml...the article in the paper is just a smear campaign from woolworths ( BWS or Dan Murphy's ) there upset they can't control the alchohol market like they do with milk....and seriously the price of alchohol these days is ridiculous all it's doing is putting more money in the gov pocket it's not like a barrel of alchohol goes up when there's a war in the middleadt

$25 for scotch?

mmm just love the weeks dan murphys does ballantines finest for $22.95

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
If the gov cared as much as the article makes out smoking and alchohol would be banned altogether. Problem solved. Admittedly there would be some moody people for 6 months....lol

Couldnt agree more its obviously increasing tax on things like cigarettes alchohol and poker machines does nothing to solve these issues all it does it give the goverment more money.

Which is the fundamental reason why i think they dont take a much more drastic approach to abuse of these things. Though i doubt banning alchohol will ever happen its too ingrained into our culture and society. Cigarettes i can see might happen being a smoker myself im acutally prefer it was made illegal but geez the amount of money goverments would loose will cause it to never happen

Last edited:

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
All about the money.... If there is no possibilities for someone to access alchohol or tobacco the brain will except it better than if someone decides to quit but still has temptation lying around....at the end of the day if Aldi selling cheap booze is bad well than what about cheap fast food or cheap Lollies... That shits bad too.... Or better yet what about cheap sex....lol they would have to close down the great western
highway at eastern creek .... Prey I'm half pissed on Aldi scotch

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
My god Australia is like ten years behind the rest of the world in almost everything(still love the place) lol.most of the big supermarkets in the UK,US and Europe have had there own ''home brand'' beer for years.72p for a 700ml can of larger that tastes like ****.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
The beer may taste like ****, but I'm guessing after a few six packs - you won't care much.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If the gov cared as much as the article makes out smoking and alchohol would be banned altogether. Problem solved. Admittedly there would be some moody people for 6 months....lol

They tried banning Alcohol in several countries 80 or so years ago. Didn't do so well - The mob hit the jackpot.

Reaper

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
They tried banning Alcohol in several countries 80 or so years ago. Didn't do so well - The mob hit the jackpot.

Reaper

Exactly, you ban something. And you can bet it will be available on the black market in seconds.

Example: All narcotics.