Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aldl cable

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
does anyone know where in perth can i find a ALDL cable? to plug into the connecter below the steering wheel on VR-VS commodore

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Hmm, l wouldn't mind knowing where to get a cable aswell.

Doctor bob, that site only has the software doesn't it?

richie83

Reaction score
I make VN/VP cables, which are the same as VR/VS cables, with a different connector. I haven't made a VR/VS one, since I don't have a car to test it on. I can make you one, for the cost of parts, if your willing to bring your car over, so I can make sure it works. Around $30 for parts (unless you have a connector for me to use, then its only $10).

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
richie83 said:
I make VN/VP cables, which are the same as VR/VS cables, with a different connector. I haven't made a VR/VS one, since I don't have a car to test it on. I can make you one, for the cost of parts, if your willing to bring your car over, so I can make sure it works. Around $30 for parts (unless you have a connector for me to use, then its only $10).

Mate can you hook me up and send it to me in darwin.

richie83

Reaction score
Tails, Im taking it thats for a VR. Im a bit complacent making ones for VR/VS at the moment, until I can 'borrow' someones car to test them on, unfortunately I only have a VN :-/

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
richie83 said:
Tails, Im taking it thats for a VR. Im a bit complacent making ones for VR/VS at the moment, until I can 'borrow' someones car to test them on, unfortunately I only have a VN :-/

hey dude u make me one of these cables and get me the software and i'll test it out, i got a vr v6. how much u want.

what can i do with the software, change anything or is it just monitering of what the car is doing.

richie83

Reaction score
$35 for the cable, including postage. You can only monitor what the car is doing, changing stuff actually requires interfacing with the MEMCAL. You'll have to use EFILive, as I've been told WinALDL doesn't work on VR/VS Commodores (if anyone wants to correct me, go ahead).

V

VR_Humby

hey TAILS83, how did u got with one of those cables on your VR. I hav a VR also.. if all went well 4 u i might have 2 get one also... Very interseting stuff.