Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All BullS**t Right?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey,

Was bored today n decided to surf ebay abit...

It was amazing how much cheap n nasty "mods" there are out there claiming better fuel economy and power increases:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORCE-FLOW-F...3753982QQihZ002QQcategoryZ36680QQcmdZViewItem

WTF is that?!? I don't understand how putting a free-spinning fan in the intake pipe that air going into the engine has to spin is gonna give u power n fuel economy! Its a restriction in the intake...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Int...4418706QQihZ002QQcategoryZ72478QQcmdZViewItem

An electric supercharger???? Adding 2psi? And i recon there are people out there falling for it!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/15BHP-Power-...3QQihZ009QQcategoryZ32094QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are cute! a resistor maybe worth 2 bux from tandy put into a plastic casing an BOOM!! 15bhp!! HAHAHAHA, One of my mates got one of these... i laughed so so hard at him...
34bux wasted and decreased fuel economy.... NICE!
That place also sells a "diesel" version... 25bhp gained... lol

Anyone else seen other "cheap and nasty" powergain products??

craig_stato

HCC member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5 litre statesman
feel free to call me a dumb ass!!
i actually fell for one of these "mods"
i got one of those force fans, from auto barn, cost me 65 bucks!!
needless to say it was the biggest waste of money ever! ended up giving it away.
and just for the record.....it made no difference, as i suspected. :bang:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
apparently those resistor things do work they do use more fuel though my mate did it to his vt SS and he reckons it worked

The ecm will eventually trim out any excess fuel & return the car back to normal. Those things arent worth a pinch of sh1t.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
damn it! lol i was gonna say that...

Yeah, the engine will detect the engine is running too rich and eventually adjust it back to a normal ratio...

Then once u take the thing out after realising its a pos... ur engine is gonna be running lean instead until it readjusts again!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
there was one a while back, which I completely cut to pieces on here, basically it was complete BS. it was supposed to react with the fuel or something, but on the install diagram, it went on the aircon line..... it never actually mentioned how or why it worked, and it said in the ad something like "If you can't find the answer to your question, please don't message me"

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i saw one that the first one reminded me of, it was a fan shape that went into the intake pipe to create a vortex of swirling air that somehow gave your car super powers or the ability to drive sideways through time*

*i forget what it was supposed to do exactly.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
there was one a while back, which I completely cut to pieces on here, basically it was complete BS. it was supposed to react with the fuel or something, but on the install diagram, it went on the aircon line..... it never actually mentioned how or why it worked, and it said in the ad something like "If you can't find the answer to your question, please don't message me"

sounds like some sort of fuel cooler this one could actually work if the aircon was on and the aircon pipe got cold was it some sort of pipe that the fuel line went into and out of

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909

Gee wouldn't be Brockie's polariser now would it? :yeah:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
wouldn't know the polarizer if ya threw it at me head.
nah not a cooler, it only had one inlet and one outlet, going on the aircon line