Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ALL NZ cities girdlocked

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
considering the current government has been running at a surplus for many years and i don't just mean a few million dollars either, were talking billions of dollars of surplus every year now for the last 1/2 dozen years they have been in power. how much tax do you need to collect before enough is enough. the fact of the mater is the govenment has more money then it knows what to do with so i see this increase as unfair. this government works on a basis of overtaxing and then giving it back in some form of grant or subsidy for the poor. more commonly known as a welfare state.
So you have a beef with how the government distributes the taxes collected. Really that has got nothing to do with the RUC, tackle the issue of how you think it should be spent on its own front, not riding shotgun on the back of truckers and their childish protests.

you also gotta remember that those people that are in government are there to serve the electorate, thats me and every other person in this country.

yes, that is true...but it takes a strong government not to cave into populist policy and do what is in the long term interests of their constituents.....and often the long term is beyond the vision of many of the electorate.