Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All things Computing!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
in reality, its a car forum, designed for car things... if you need computer help, there are 1billion forums on comps...

i see where you coming from but its been knocked back SOOOO many times...

I plan to build a media centre... mine will be low spec in size but will draw from my data array across the lan so i wont need massive drives or nothing for it... should be able to do it fairly cost-less....

aZk.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I plan to build a media centre... mine will be low spec in size but will draw from my data array across the lan so i wont need massive drives or nothing for it... should be able to do it fairly cost-less....

aZk.

i was thinking of doing that, but using my current pc instead gives me an excuse to upgrade ;)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
you know how long it took me to convince myself NOT to do that hahahahaha.... i do it every time!

aZk.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
In light of the few threads on computing and other associated topics I thought I might make a new thread for all those topics. If it becomes popular I will happily pin it at the top:thumbsup:

Good idea mate :thumbsup:

I use to be addicted to COD2 (call of duty 2), but I lost it when i formatted and never bothered to get it back, and im saving money so I havent got COD4, but im hanging out for a new online game. Aside COD2 thats about the only game i really played, and Far cry, but never played online. I was obsessed with far cry, It was so intense and heaps of fun.

COD4 is probably the best game i've ever played... WAAAAAY to short thou :(

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
in reality, its a car forum, designed for car things... if you need computer help, there are 1billion forums on comps...

i see where you coming from but its been knocked back SOOOO many times...

aZk.

I have done this at home. It is easy. I know this is a car forum, but just by the number of posts on FM in Geeky Bits, and as we all use them to access this site, it wouldn't be a bad thing. I am an IT Admin and if I can help out a JC member with a comp issue, I would be more than happy too.

50LTRv8

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
COD4 is probably the best game i've ever played... WAAAAAY to short thou :(

Dont tempt me to go buy it. im trying to save money :p Nah i will buy it when I get back from Queensland to play on my new mouse and keyboard :w00t:

Is it possible to get a section silimar to Geeky Bits on fordmods. I asked before but got knocked back. It seems silly that we all use comps to read this site, but we have to put stuff in the pub becuase comps don't have a home.

It is so much harder to track through one thread then to have heaps of threads for something like computers.50LTRv8

I agree, a Geeky Bits section would be good, we all use computers to get on here, im sure we all have computer problems, id definitly hang out their :p

natas.308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC

I beleive this is why it is in the pub "anything not relating to commodores or crs in general":whistling

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
while we are talking all things computer

amd or intel?

which is your prefered cpu?

mine is intel. no real reason why i have just always used it

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
while we are talking all things computer

amd or intel?

which is your prefered cpu?

mine is intel. no real reason why i have just always used it

Intel for me to, just personel choice, and Im familiar with Intel. What i was a told about AMD is that they are a gaming cpu, designed to be upgraded every year thats why their cheaper then intel, but may not be as realiable long term.... anyone know if thats just bull**** from a hardcore intel fan?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Dont tempt me to go buy it. im trying to save money :p Nah i will buy it when I get back from Queensland to play on my new mouse and keyboard :w00t:

I agree, a Geeky Bits section would be good, we all use computers to get on here, im sure we all have computer problems, id definitly hang out their :p

COD 4 is good, but as mentioned very short. Just wait until it is on budget :)