Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytec 190 mods??????

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
brand of headers wont make much difference, materials and sizes will vary sound. I found when i first put the growler kit on was better but wouldn't say the 11 they say. Alloytec is sluggish off the line, partly because of the electronic throttle control but also because the ecu is torque based and very restrictive. A dyno tune will def help that tho, and if not going to go with a CPR6 manifold then i'd suggest getting some mace manifold insulators, but if you are going to get CPR manifold then save your money on the insulators and put towards manifold as they wont work together because the manifold is too high to be able to fit the insulators as well.

I thought 180 seemed a bit high, but most people get around 160rwkw with all similar mods i have bar the CPR manifold so i'd say would be on the mark, that and i can usually keep up with most LS1's but not off the line cos of weight and stock ecu, but from rolling start i can usually stay right with them

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
CPR6 MANIFOLD IS $1615 TILL THE END OF APRIL!!!

I'm really wanting one but might be getting an R8 soon. I'd imagine a VZ (not ve like me) could easily get 180rwkw with a tuned cpr6, exhaust, cai etc.

The performance manifold ute is running 220rwkw with cams, cpr6, echaust, cai, headers, cats etc at 8750rpm.

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
oh ok cool. so maybe i should choose an entire different system...
wat do u guys reccommend for the pipes? i know it will only be 2 1/2" system. brands?...
high flo cats?...
headers?...

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
i personally wouldnt go as big as 2 1/2" unless going FI and even then proflows turbo is running 3" and they wanted bigger i think. For best sound and power gains go dual 2 1/4" or single 3" i think, brands manta do nice single otherwise pacemaker make a 2 1/4", any bigger and you'll loose power down low which is where you dont want to be loosing it from, and sound well personal preference really. Most ppl dont both bout the cats, but if going headers id do the cats at the same time, go either 200 or 100 cell cats depending on budget and for the headers well again upto budget whether you want them ceramic coated or just heat proof paint and as for brands well the pacies are the most popular one for the alloytec.

Kuzman86: Phils ute also runs a motec ecu as well, which allows for more tuning and the use of mafless tune and OTR

Nxt for me on the list tho is ceramic coating CPR manifold, oil catch can and also might up the rev limiter as well.

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
hey the system im getting is a supercat 2 1/2" system. then goes to a 2 1/4" tailpipe. i'm gonna get twin 2 1/2 or 3" tip for the looks. but why would it go back to a 2 1/4"?? i dont understand why...

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
scratch that.. back to a twin 2 1/2" redback system. i heard my mates VZ sv6 with just the redback system, he drove past me and it sounded amazing. wasnt loud but had a really good deep note. so with no rear resonator it will hopefully be somewhat louder.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
the twin 2.5" will drone on the hwy,

a twin 2.25" like what i have is perfect... yes twin 2.25" even supercharged
i had a twin 2.5" stainless x-force and gone to a custom 2.25"... im thinking about going to a single 3" rear large muffler...

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
yeah the fella's at carline told me that it will drone. but the stock exhaust is 2 1/4" and is quiet as. so yeah, my mates sounds really good so im gonna see how it goes. if it sounds crappy i can always get a resonator in it to quieten it down a bit

charterboat69

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6 Commodore
hey mate, just a quick question...I'm looking into getting an exhaust done on my 06 SV6 as well..

so you reckon the twin 2 1/4 rather than a 2 1/2? are you doing extractors as well?

I've been trying to find a good combo for ages now, i did hear that the commo's like their back pressure. But if your mate has a system that sounds great I'd go with what he's done...do you know what setup he has? the V6 is trickky ahhhh

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
yeah the fella's at carline told me that it will drone. but the stock exhaust is 2 1/4" and is quiet as. so yeah, my mates sounds really good so im gonna see how it goes. if it sounds crappy i can always get a resonator in it to quieten it down a bit

the stock system on the VZ was a 2" i believe and the VE was a 2 1/4" which is why with the VE you only need to change the rear mufflers and not the whole system. Again could be wrong but from what i remember reading this is the case