Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec engine clattering on start-up

crewzincool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-V6/2005 SV6
maybe it was that heavy clutch...or someone forgot to tighten the bolts on the tailsharft

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
go my car being an ecotek :)

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
So nothing has really been the cars fault has it??? or has it... i'm not really clear on it but wasnt it started by you losing an engine due to bad fuel and then another one to fuel and now the taily has come adrift after the 2nd rebuild due to holden negligence?

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
So nothing has really been the cars fault has it??? or has it... i'm not really clear on it but wasnt it started by you losing an engine due to bad fuel and then another one to fuel and now the taily has come adrift after the 2nd rebuild due to holden negligence?

First rebuild holden negligence
Second one i THOUGHT was bad fuel, turned out it was a spun bearing
Now this is ****ed, going for number 3.

The alloytecs are a piece of ****

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I don't like the alloytecs either. The ford 6 is much better, although their 8 is piss poor.

CacTuar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Standard Ute
My ute is at 80,000 ks and I've never had a problem. Must just be lucky..

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
First rebuild holden negligence
Second one i THOUGHT was bad fuel, turned out it was a spun bearing
Now this is ****ed, going for number 3.

The alloytecs are a piece of ****

yeah i'd be just givin it up and sellin it mate and either gettin into an ls1 for wot u'd get for the sv6 or an xr6t, cleary too much f****** around and car won't be the same again.

tom johnson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz llumina sedan
I know their was a thread on here before about a member who was experiencing that engine clattering noice on cold engine starts and he was going thru the process with a Holden dealership.

Just want to know what the outcome of this was as mine Adventura does it when it's stone cold. Only does it for a couple of seconds but it's annoying and embarrasing and most of all it doesn't sound healthy. It sort of reminds me of those Ford barra engines starting up...

Anyone else had a similar issue with their motor?

My old SV6 with 55,000kms on the clock was whipser quiet from day one.

rgds

Tom/WA
having trouble with engine chattering on start up,my motor is the early model 2005 feb,engine,i have been pestering my dealer cince the car was new about the noise, finally on the 1st oct,the head mechanic said holden tech, dept,told him the problem is caused by the oil draining out of the heads too quickly ,holden has to install check valves in the heads, this requires removing the heads to install them,i am going through the process of getting this done. will keep you posted.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
having trouble with engine chattering on start up,my motor is the early model 2005 feb,engine,i have been pestering my dealer cince the car was new about the noise, finally on the 1st oct,the head mechanic said holden tech, dept,told him the problem is caused by the oil draining out of the heads too quickly ,holden has to install check valves in the heads, this requires removing the heads to install them,i am going through the process of getting this done. will keep you posted.

so is this something the dealers should do if you ask them, or is it for certain circumstances?