Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec heads

Da man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore, ve Calais ly7
The heads and cams from an ly7 will work fine on the rodeo block. They are basically the same. As long as the rector wheel on the right side cam has thr complete timing markings you won't have a problem. Some my7 reluctor wheels don't have the whole timing map. I've been putting ly7 complete into rodeos without an issue fir a while now. Slk it takes is a little bit of lateral thinking and its done.

Tarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais & RA 3.6 Rodeo
The heads and cams from an ly7 will work fine on the rodeo block. They are basically the same. As long as the rector wheel on the right side cam has thr complete timing markings you won't have a problem. Some my7 reluctor wheels don't have the whole timing map. I've been putting ly7 complete into rodeos without an issue fir a while now. Slk it takes is a little bit of lateral thinking and its done.
I have been researching this and also looking at VZ SV6 LY7 Motor, ecu and look into my 3.6 LCA alloytec rodeo as a replacement for mine as it’s tired, but have been told it’s pretty much not worth it/too hard basket.Have you ever done this swap mate? On paper I don’t see why it couldn’t work. But I also am not a Holden guru by any means. Cheers

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I have been researching this and also looking at VZ SV6 LY7 Motor, ecu and look into my 3.6 LCA alloytec rodeo as a replacement for mine as it’s tired, but have been told it’s pretty much not worth it/too hard basket.Have you ever done this swap mate? On paper I don’t see why it couldn’t work. But I also am not a Holden guru by any means. Cheers
I don't think he'll reply, he hasn't been on this site since Jan 31 2022