Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec loud squeeking noise, belt slip?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
It's just a fault on the VZ series, as they arnt aligned with the alternator properly, they are like 2mm out. The VE series doesn't have this issue.

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
So how do we fix it ?

Bump! I tightened the pulley to the correct tension as suggested (it was only slightly out), if anything the noise has gotten less common but it is definitely still there.

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Bump! I tightened the pulley to the correct tension as suggested (it was only slightly out), if anything the noise has gotten less common but it is definitely still there.

I dont think belt slip is the problem. For all the people wanting to know what this loud squeek noise actually sounds like and where its comming from, it can be heard in my car when the transmission gear 'N' is engaged. Once the tansmission 'N" gear is selected build up a little bit of rpm, (remembering to hold th rpm @ eg 2,500 rpm) then quickly place the auto gear stick selector down to 'D'. This is the same squeek noise that is present inbetween each of my gear changes upon acceleration.

Would anyone have any idea how this squeek noise can be fixed if it's comming from the transmission. Also keep in mind that i have the Alloytec 190 with the "Sealed for life" Transmission, so the transmission oil has never been changed!

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
Well just TRY this for me, Buy some belt grip, put it all over the belt. Then go for a drive.

Because mine makes a squeak noise, And I fix it with belt grip.

AKT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exe