Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Parts Supply

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Hi Guys,

Been looking through threads on alloytecs as we have one in the family as of about a year now. Its an ex NZ Police '07 VE Omega with the LE0 engine (supposedly "chipped" (i laughed when told that as i know these are flash tuned) for the cops), came factory with FE2 suspension and the chaser rims have been ditched for 19'DTM's.
I told the wife she can keep it for five years then i intend to replace the VN Production Saloon with it and get her another car.

It recently threw a spaz and the check light came on, got it plugged in at the local dealership which showed up P0016. I got given a parts list with trade prices and the service manual instructions for timing it up printed off which was appreciated but am horrified at the prices so went hunting.

Who do you use for parts supply? I've seen GM Parts direct mentioned and Precision also. I've been looking at Cloyes re a chain kit and have been sticking parts in a basket at rockauto.com who i have dealt with before (manifold gaskets for my '03 TF 3.2 Rodeo less than half local trade price (Felpro) and in my hand in four days from the US to Gisborne NZ. That beats two weeks for my mini spool to get here from Australia.

When fitting your manifold spacers and cams who do you use for Gaskets etc?
What kind of lift/duration specs are your cams compared to stock? Very interested - the wife will never know.
When doing the spacers do you reccommend to your customers replacing spark plugs and thermostat as you're pretty much there when the manifold is off to save labour costs/time and which plugs and thermostat would you reccommend?

Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Hi VNracer34G,

Thank you for your enquiry

"Been looking through threads on alloytecs as we have one in the family as of about a year now. Its an ex NZ Police '07 VE Omega with the LE0 engine (supposedly "chipped" (i laughed when told that as i know these are flash tuned) for the cops), came factory with FE2 suspension and the chaser rims have been ditched for 19'DTM's.
I told the wife she can keep it for five years then i intend to replace the VN Production Saloon with it and get her another car."

Nice :D

"It recently threw a spaz and the check light came on, got it plugged in at the local dealership which showed up P0016. I got given a parts list with trade prices and the service manual instructions for timing it up printed off which was appreciated but am horrified at the prices so went hunting."
Yeah sadly common on anything earlier then MY08

"Who do you use for parts supply? I've seen GM Parts direct mentioned and Precision also. I've been looking at Cloyes re a chain kit and have been sticking parts in a basket at rockauto.com who i have dealt with before (manifold gaskets for my '03 TF 3.2 Rodeo less than half local trade price (Felpro) and in my hand in four days from the US to Gisborne NZ. That beats two weeks for my mini spool to get here from Australia."
If I was to go with an aftermarket chain set it would be a Cloyes item

"When fitting your manifold spacers and cams who do you use for Gaskets etc?"
No gaskets are used, just silicone sealant

"What kind of lift/duration specs are your cams compared to stock? Very interested - the wife will never know.”
Our cams have a duration of 210 degrees in/ex @ .050" lift, while the factory items are around 186 degrees in/ex @ .050" lift.
These cams run the similar lift as the standard cams such that the factory valve springs can be used. Being an overhead cam with a pent type combustion chamber, lift isn’t as critical as the flow rate doesn’t change much from .430” of lift and above. This is because the valve is already far enough from the cylinder wall and head to obstruct gas flow, unlike say an ecotec cylinder head

"When doing the spacers do you recommend to your customers replacing spark plugs and thermostat as you're pretty much there when the manifold is off to save labour costs/time and which plugs and thermostat would you reccommend?"
We don’t normally recommend this, only because people normally draw the same conclusions as to what you have.
In regards to sparkplugs we’d recommend genuine, NGK or Bosch items. As for themostats we’d only recommend genuine items, there are no cooler thermostats to suit these engines on the market unfortunately. I say unfortunately as running a cooler one would certainly help with reducing sludge deposits with these engines

If you have any other question please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve