Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec turbo

Sorren

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive
Hello

I am wondering if anyone has turbod an alloytec here and had any luck
I have a bunch of turbo parts almost a full kit I think I could hook up to this commodore but have heard rumors of them blowing

Anyone here have results? Power gains etc

Before anyone brings it up I already have turbo parts im not about to spend 5k for a supercharger :)

Thanks in advance for any replie

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If you have the bits, try 'em out.
Let us know how much boost it'll take before it grenades.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Anyone here have results? Power gains etc

Will totally depend on the setup and turbo size, most setups will be different, there are a number of people though who have done it if you look.

As for them blowing, again to much of a blanket statement. Will depend on if they're maintained and have had their PCV systems modded to function correctly. Not to mention, the amount of people that offer tuning for the factory ECUs is super limited so it's hard to say if quality of tune is a factor or not.

Sorren

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive
Will totally depend on the setup and turbo size, most setups will be different, there are a number of people though who have done it if you look.

As for them blowing, again to much of a blanket statement. Will depend on if they're maintained and have had their PCV systems modded to function correctly. Not to mention, the amount of people that offer tuning for the factory ECUs is super limited so it's hard to say if quality of tune is a factor or not.

I was aware of this im just curious on how they respond to boost. I know the original engine is twin turbo in the caddilac over in usa

I already know a local place that does the tune for $700(about 650aud)

I may give it a go be pretty cool if I can get above stock ls1 power

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I know the original engine is twin turbo in the caddilac over in usa

That's the new fourth gen LGX V6, a couple of generations newer with GDI and integrated manifolds with some pretty cutting edge turbos. Supposed to be 250kw at the engine, but that would be on a factory tune.

On paper they should be up to the task in stock form with the right tune, 6 bolt mains with forged conrods and a forged crankshaft. The terrible PCV system is highly likely what kills them as this engine has pretty tight tolerances.

This was Pro Flow's go on a VZ with E85 and a big single 8 years ago:
Pro Flow Fab's Alloytec Turbo E85 - YouTube

Last edited:

Sorren

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive
That's the new fourth gen LGX V6, a couple of generations newer with GDI and integrated manifolds with some pretty cutting edge turbos. Supposed to be 250kw at the engine, but that would be on a factory tune.

On paper they should be up to the task in stock form with the right tune, 6 bolt mains with forged conrods and a forged crankshaft. The terrible PCV system is highly likely what kills them as this engine has pretty tight tolerances.

This was Pro Flow's go on a VZ with E85 and a big single 8 years ago:
Pro Flow Fab's Alloytec Turbo E85 - YouTube

I mean that sounds like ass but cant argue those numbers lmao

I think I might go for 240kw crank along with some other bits and pieces. Cheers for the help though I was struggling to find many videos or info.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I was aware of this im just curious on how they respond to boost. I know the original engine is twin turbo in the caddilac over in usa

I already know a local place that does the tune for $700(about 650aud)

I may give it a go be pretty cool if I can get above stock ls1 power

If done right every 14.7psi will double N/A power as a ruel of thumb.
So it has 200 odd kw stock at the flex plate I would say 240kw would be easy.
Most engines can handle a 30% increase in power with not much issues. So you should be able to push to 260kw at the flex plate.

You should gain 13.6kw for every psi so 5psi should see you at the 260kw goal.