Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Almost killed - car accident

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I was driving once and a pigeon went smash into my windscreen and cracked it then richoched off the car and hit the car behind. I just kept going, no way was it alive. But birds hitting ur car is a rare experience - doesnt normally happen to many people ive heard

You serious, I've hit probably close to 10 birds in not even a year. For some reason they are attracted to my bullbar, no joke I was watching a bird on the side of the road, it took off and went straight for the bullbar, like it was planned or something, got to TAFE and look like the biggest redneck pulling a dead bird out of the mesh and chucking it in the garden and walking off to class lol.

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
You serious, I've hit probably close to 10 birds in not even a year. For some reason they are attracted to my bullbar, no joke I was watching a bird on the side of the road, it took off and went straight for the bullbar, like it was planned or something, got to TAFE and look like the biggest redneck pulling a dead bird out of the mesh and chucking it in the garden and walking off to class lol.

hahahahaha would of looked even better if you were in a kingswood! :p

Ive only hit a bird (that one) once and ive been driving over 2 years. Maybe the sunny coast just has smart birds or something. I love the story of it taking off for your bullbar hahaha classic

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well actually taking a look at that bullbar on your car (jesus thats massive!) maybe their mistaking it for a big metal pole or a tree they can land on! You never know, it does kinda stick out abit.

What you got that weapon of torture on their for?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
hahahahaha would of looked even better if you were in a kingswood! :p

Ive only hit a bird (that one) once and ive been driving over 2 years. Maybe the sunny coast just has smart birds or something. I love the story of it taking off for your bullbar hahaha classic
HAHAHA, Must be the Sunny coast birds, even in the Vk and VT I managed to collect a few birds lol.

Well actually taking a look at that bullbar on your car (jesus thats massive!) maybe their mistaking it for a big metal pole or a tree they can land on! You never know, it does kinda stick out abit.

What you got that weapon of torture on their for?

Maybe lol.... Its on there to protect the front against birds :p jks, its for Roos, though I think its saved the headlights etc a few times from stupid birds.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
But birds hitting ur car is a rare experience - doesnt normally happen to many people ive heard

Are you kidding? I would hit at least 1 parrot or galah every time I go back to my home town, and generally almost 1 a week while I'm there, not to mention the occasional rabbit I can't avoid. I've been lucky and never hit a roo *touch wood*

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
not to mention the occasional rabbit I can't avoid.

By "avoid" you mean swerve across two lanes and onto the gravel to hit the bastard?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
we hit a pelican once, right on the windscreen. that scared the crap outta me

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
we hit a pelican once, right on the windscreen. that scared the crap outta me

dam thats almost as bad as hitting an emu

VXdarkmagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
I was once driving back from down south, and a duck was sitting in the middle of my lane sunbaking, I ended up going right over the top of it and it was still sitting there...maybe it was dead :p