Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

almost ran a 4wd off the road, will try harder next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
I was sitting in the right hand lane on a 2 lane freeway, doing 95 ish, heavy traffic in the left hand lane. Some dic**ead in a 4wd flies up behind me and starts flashing his lights. I gnore him. he gets on the horn. I turn the stereo up.

He goes onto the median strip which is a huge v shaped drain, about 3 lanes wide and overtakes me, on the grass, doing about 120.

I wish i had swerved at him to spook him, but he probably would have rolled it.

"I don't have to worry about safety, I bought a 4WD/Volvo".

I think police should worry less about speeding and quadruple the fines on failure to indicate, following too close, driving without due care and attention and other 'road manners' stuff.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
We've been told the same thing, I always drive in and turn around, or reverse in, plus its heaps easier to get out.

But then you are reversing on the road to get into your drive........

No winner here I can see

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
just another wanker on the road mate. Law or not law (Minux can you show me where this law is written), a large percentage of people reverse out of their drive because its not practicle to reverse in for most people. People know this and shouldnt be just flogging their car up the inside parking lane because they reversed out their driveway. What a stupid thing to do, to bad for the bloke waiting to cross the road on the inside there or the kid that just fell off his bike and he couldnt see him on the ground.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
WTF, i enter my driveway legally then? Sounds unlike me:whistling

(drive in drive out :))

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
fail to see how its the fault of having a 4WD...

just another ******** driver in melbourne. they seem to be multiplying at an exponential rate!

every day I take the Monash inbound and get off at Toorak rd, where the left lane exits and ends. Every day I see at least one person cutting across lanes and barely missing other cars to make the exit.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
sideways doesn't count

What about up over the gutter and through your front fence? i suppose i cant do it that way either..anymore

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
its not illegal to reverse out of a driveway in any state in australia that i know of
if i had to reverse into my driveway i would have to get out of the passenger side cause at the moment i have 1inch from the wall passenger side and 18 inches to get out drivers side
the only thing about reversing out of a driveway is your supposed to sound the horn if your view is obscured
but this also poses problems who wants to blow a horn at 6.00am and wake the surrounding houses up just to get out of a driveway i'd say they would be p****d of with you if it happened everyday

scorp

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY SerII Acclaim
im pretty sure it is illegal..if you have an accident it voids insurance...while were on the subject of idiots..almost ran over a girl yesterday who didnt bother looking as she crossed the road...i saw her talking to her friend as i was coming up to the road but thought she would stop and look for cars.......wrong..next second she is right infront of my car and i have to slam my brakes on...gave us both a fright tho..esp since i had been drinking night before and might have been like .1 ..since im on my p's that could have been a bad situation if i wasnt paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.