Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternate gauges in binnacle

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Hi guys, I'm thinking of putting in the binnacle for my VZ SS with some nice gauges as the flat black plastic at the top of the console now is a real bugger for reflecting direct sunlight at certain times of the day. But I'm in two minds as to what I want. If I was to go for the factory kit I'd want blue gauges to match my dash but I haven't seen any in this colour on offer anywhere - they're all red or black. So I'm thinking of ruling this option out.

The other idea I'm considering is to put in a nice clock and ambient thermometer (both as analog dials) there instead but whilst Autometer and a few other mobs make nice clocks, no one seems to make a analog thermometer. I'd prefer this option as it's probably cheapest and it doesn't involve any wiring etc.

So my question is, does anyone know of any gauge manufacturers like Autometer etc that make both an analog clock and an analog thermometer?

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Blue dash guages

You could always get a set of SSZ binnacle guages as they are black background with white needles. I have had Phreddy's blue dash mod and he also did the centre guages so now they have blue lighting with red needles the same as the main cluster. Check out my pics on the 'Phreddy's blue light dash' thread. I believe that the guages are difficult to install if the car isn't already wired for them though.

Cheers

Daniel

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
VDO
Speco

another guage to consider would be a voltmeter
easy to wire in ( + & - )