Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aluminium V6 block capable of.................2000hp!

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
that block is pre ecotec and might only fit ln3 i have already spoke to them like over 2 years ago

all l67's have 6 bolt mains like the ls1's and 1uz's and a few other engines the last two bolts are cross bolts

and as for its strength and road use it's all alloy no water jackets and see the cross braces in the valley that is what all drag billet blocks use

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it runs full water jackets its sutiable for daily driven all the way to full on drag racing its based around the GN turbo block ide buy one today if i had the money

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
so is it compatable with vr i asked them and they replied it is pre series one so it wont be compatable so ln3 im guessing

and i thought it being billet it would be solid but there are billet block with jackets just not that common

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nope its buick GN block before any holden block

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
so they were correct when they replied as they did also say it wont fit commodore

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
well the block will but none of the holden bits will fit in it

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
Some info on the Aluminium block, the block comes in two setups, one is based on the Stage II Buick Off centre, all parts from a cast block can be used with this block, the choice for racing is the on centre block all the parts of a stage II will not fit this setup, we are running a TA block with a 6/71, this type engine is for the serious power, the block is wider on the sump site, billet main caps, ribs in the valley, set up for wet or dry sump, bell housing is chevy and buick /pontiac pattern (Bop), in the US this engine is up to 1600 Bhp. cost a lot, hell yes. like to be different F%4K yes

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
what is the stage II buick is that series II

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
Buick has two engines (our pre ecotec) stage I had only two main bolt setup 8 cylinder head bolts ,Stage II was a 4 bolt main set up and also had 14 cylinder bolts

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
so would the off center block fit vr heads or not