Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

am trying to fit a new stereo for my vy

josh9603

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore
i bought a new stereo 2 din radio with a reversing camera anybody got any tips for me to change it from the factory one. idea 3:

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
use a wiring harness to convert the iso plug to your HU plug. any good car store will have them. also i found that the constant (yellow) power wire and the ACC ( red) wire needed to be switched around as they are backwards.

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
Aerpro make conversion plugs so no need to cut wires. Supercheap stock them. Just pick adaptor to suit your car and adaptor to suit new deck. I ordered mine off an ebay from the guy who makes em. For $125 I got both adaptors and steering wheel converter box. No cut wires no drama just plug n play. He also sold dash replacement panels to make a near install

neo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY_SS_Black
I would do a check first - I also had to cut and re-wire my Aerpro harness after I noticed the stereo lost all settings. It didn't have the constant voltage. cant remember what colour wire it was - refer to you install diag.

It is easy enough, just get in and do it!

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Most new Wiring Adapter even have join connectors on the Yellow and Red wires to simply swap them over :)

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
that was all i had to do. Also if planning to amp speakers/subs, run all cables during the install. and run the rca and power leads down different sides of the car.

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
Aerpro make conversion plugs so no need to cut wires. Supercheap stock them. Just pick adaptor to suit your car and adaptor to suit new deck. I ordered mine off an ebay from the guy who makes em. For $125 I got both adaptors and steering wheel converter box. No cut wires no drama just plug n play. He also sold dash replacement panels to make a near install

Hey do you still have the blokes name that makes em??? Been looking at swapping to a aftermarket HU and want my steering wheel controls to work but the chords are pricey

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey do you still have the blokes name that makes em??? Been looking at swapping to a aftermarket HU and want my steering wheel controls to work but the chords are pricey

I bought mine from this guy. Has everything I needed. All cables were pre-connected and zip tied. I just connected in both ends and all done.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What the hell? I must have forgotten the link.

But yeah same guy as vt6banger.