Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ambi Pur Stain

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Monaro-2010 VESSV Ute-2010 Kawasaki JetSki
Has anyone had the problem of using the Ambri Pur airfreshner leaking for no apparent reason and permantly staining dash and controls of their car to the point of burning into the plastics ?

Also, has anyone got compensation from Ambi Pur for the damage their product has made.

MyMonaro2005042.jpg

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
DAMN!!!!! thats gotta piss you off bad, there must be some stuff that could get it out tho, you would think so. ring them up and see what they say, if they say they cant do anything talk to your insurance maybe, not sure tho

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its pretty common, the stuff in them leaks when they get hot & runs down the dash peeling the paint off, ive had people try to claim this on warranty.lol (didnt work)
Looks like you need a new fascia trim, climate module & radio,
you should approach the manufacturers of this rubbish & get them to pay, good luck

Rob

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stewart1000 said:
DAMN!!!!! thats gotta piss you off bad, there must be some stuff that could get it out tho, you would think so. ring them up and see what they say, if they say they cant do anything talk to your insurance maybe, not sure tho

I can't even look at it anymore, that's how pissed i am. I will be calling them and will try to get compensation for a faulty bottle that they sent me.

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doctor Bob said:
its pretty common, the stuff in them leaks when they get hot & runs down the dash peeling the paint off, ive had people try to claim this on warranty.lol (didnt work)
Looks like you need a new fascia trim, climate module & radio,
you should approach the manufacturers of this rubbish & get them to pay, good luck

Rob

You are right. Got a quote from Holden....$1880 inc gst without labour. The stereo is $1300 on it's own !

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Ouch ! that sucks... I wouldn't buy any **** like that anyhow...it sounds too gay.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
couldnt you just get a new front radio part, possible off a smashed up commy, its probeblay the same as the SS or clubby, probabley the VY aswell

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stewart1000 said:
couldnt you just get a new front radio part, possible off a smashed up commy, its probeblay the same as the SS or clubby, probabley the VY aswell

I possibly could if it was me who caused the damage. But, I think that if it was the fault of another party, then they are responsible. If you take it to Holden, then they will tell you that thy don't sell a radio facia, and a new radio will have to be installed. Sucks.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Erm, that sucks. But the question to be answered is, this is a 12 month old car give or take, why do you need an air freshener? My car is 5 years old(almost) and still has the lovely new car scent

D

davidhaggar

ambi pur

yes i have had the same prob with ambi pur it stained and burnt the plastic . un fortunatley there is nothing you can do to repair it . no compensation i had not thought about it .