Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

American Gun Gontrol

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Reaper has a point.. Now cars may kill 93 people a day in America but per day there are probably one hundred million (okay maybe not) cars on the damn road..
But the thing that pisses me off is losing sight of the tragedy and turning it into a political debate about gun control..
Whether he snapped or not the ####wit that did it deserves a firing squad. So many families will now be suffering a devastation that not many of us will ever truly understand..
I wish the news program's would bring the idiot into the forefront a bit and stop blaming the guns..
Guns don't kill people.. The wankers pulling the triggers do..

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
Quiet interesting having a read on some of the net about the process of buying a gun, its not like they walk in and buy the gun

there is a 15 day background check for and mental or criminal activities and ' cool down period ' to buy a semi automatic weapon. Interesting, you surely have to have snapped well and truely to be pissed off for 15 days waiting for your gun so you can go masacare kids ? more interesting but is that the bloke had a history of mental illness, so how did he get the gun ? simple it wasnt his, it was his mothers weapons that SHE was licenced to own

its unfair to go making HUGE gun control laws when a huge percentage of the guns used are not used by the lawful owner, but illigally by someone who can not purchase a gun ... your punishing the wrong person

the only thing i can think of that would have avoided this ( and many other situations like this ) is to have not just yourself, but everyone that lives in your house have a background check for the above criminal and mental illness, if found so, the guns have to be locked away securly ( like in australia ) and the location of the key to the safe only knowen by the registered owner of the weapons.

i might just be rabbling on but thats my 2c, at the end of the day it was a horrific thing to happen

guns dont kill people, people kill people

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
This topic is a pet peeve of mine, having been a member of various "international" forums that are owned and hosted by Americans I have had way more than my fair share of your not American you have no right to discuss this topic. Even better the last time, the picture theatre shooting episode, I had a person tell me I have never had a dark moment in my life where I had to make a choice, haven't I what is it to them anyway?. They see themselves as victims and truly believe the rest of the world just doesn't understand the situation.

Had the same discussions on forums with yanks aswel. Its like talking to a brick wall.
Their attitude towards guns is close to obsessive. Seems that just because they can own a gun that they MUST own a gun.
Not to say they are all like that, I've got a few american mates that dont want anything to do with firearms.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
the problem isnt guns or weapons its the attitude people are growing up with... things should be perfect and handed to them on a plate and if they arent you should take revenge on someone
kids are spoilt and honestly need actual discipline

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
No real skill? Have you ever fired a gun. first time I fired one i struggled to hit the target 10m in front of me.

Really??

First handgun I fired was a .22, hit every bullet in the target, recoil of a butterfly fart, having never touched a handgun before this. Next was a .45 semi, which very much has power to kill with one shot. Decent amount of recoil, only one round out of 25 missed the target. Last was a .500 Magnum revolver, can kill black bears, now that was a bastard to control. Only fired 2 rounds and thought I had to replace my hands.

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
Really??

First handgun I fired was a .22, hit every bullet in the target, recoil of a butterfly fart, having never touched a handgun before this. Next was a .45 semi, which very much has power to kill with one shot. Decent amount of recoil, only one round out of 25 missed the target. Last was a .500 Magnum revolver, can kill black bears, now that was a bastard to control. Only fired 2 rounds and thought I had to replace my hands.
What you forgot to add was the target you hit was 3 targets away from your own. It's like the bowling ball has to stay in your lane and not go into some elses. :boxing:

Just kidding.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
It's interesting to read through these , I personally think that America has issues that would be-fuddle Sigmund Freud , a country that gives you a gun when you open a bank account seriously need to take a long hard look at it's self. I do not know what the solution is , but what is upsetting that it has happened..... again !!!!

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
but what is upsetting that it has happened..... again !!!!
What is also upsetting is that most of the victims were young kids.

I just don't see how people like Charlton Heston can stand up and say "they'll get this gun from me when they prize it from my cold dead hands" when people like him and all the other loony toons who venerate the right to have these things are never around to stop the massacre. Where are these so called brave people who think if everyone had a gun this crap wouldn't happen? probably cowering under a desk hoping no one realises they are there.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
What is also upsetting is that most of the victims were young kids.

I just don't see how people like Charlton Heston can stand up and say "they'll get this gun from me when they prize it from my cold dead hands" when people like him and all the other loony toons who venerate the right to have these things are never around to stop the massacre. Where are these so called brave people who think if everyone had a gun this crap wouldn't happen? probably cowering under a desk hoping no one realises they are there.
The fact that the victims were kids , is what got me as well , you are right people like Charlton Heston are hardly good role models when it comes to free and democratic speech , this a country that once had a cowboy ( Ronald Reagan ) as its President , and a Austrian body builder once Governor of Los Angeles .

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
The more people are exposed to a 'bad thing' the more likely that bad thing will become part of their lives. There are as many guns as people in the US (or just about...). Ergo, you will have gun violence. The more drugs you have in a neighbourhood, the more addicts you will have. More fast food you have in an area, the more fat people you will have.

Bear in mind after port arthur we got serious about gun control. We were going along the lines of US-style shootings. We had Queen St and Hoddle St in the 1980s, 1991 strathfield massacre, and of course port arthur. John Howard did the only sensible thing and did the gun buy-back. One of the very few smart things he did. As a result, I don't recall to many us-style mass shootings since then. Coincidence? I think not......