Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp and Sub combo - suggestions?

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Hey guys..
I've just been thinking recently that I want to get a sub + amp for my VX. I know absolutely NOTHING about car audio.. however I've replaced my headunit (it has pre-outs) and front speakers. The front speakers don't have an amp, and I'm not really planning on getting one.. at least for the moment.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a 12" sub and an amp to power it. I don't wanna spend a whole lot and I don't need anything massively powerful. Just enough to give it that bit extra, ya know?

Can anyone suggest a model or two for both sub and amp? I've got no idea where to start or what specs to chase down. Jeez I don't even know where to look for half decent parts.. so a URL or two would be helpful too.

Thanks for any help at all guys =)

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR
Hey guys..
I've just been thinking recently that I want to get a sub + amp for my VX. I know absolutely NOTHING about car audio.. however I've replaced my headunit (it has pre-outs) and front speakers. The front speakers don't have an amp, and I'm not really planning on getting one.. at least for the moment.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a 12" sub and an amp to power it. I don't wanna spend a whole lot and I don't need anything massively powerful. Just enough to give it that bit extra, ya know?

Can anyone suggest a model or two for both sub and amp? I've got no idea where to start or what specs to chase down. Jeez I don't even know where to look for half decent parts.. so a URL or two would be helpful too.

Thanks for any help at all guys =)

If you want something decent with a bit of solid omph, buy a Pioneer TS-W307-D2 ($150 mark) with a 2x150 watt RMS jaycar response amplifier ($250) and an appropriate enclosure for the subwoofer from JB-hifi ($100 more or less). Have you got an amplifier wiring kit?

the_duke

Reaction score
Give us your budget for, Amp, sub, and wiring kit all together.

And we will piece it together for you.