Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp keeps cutting out?? PLS HELP

Holdenboy_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VS
hey people,
i was wondering if anyone could help me with my amp problem. It works perfectly fine then cuts out, works fine, cuts out so on and so on. it sometimes dosnt even work when you just start the car so it cant be overheating although it does get fairly hot. anyone got any ideas, any help will be appreciated.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
maybe your signal wire isnt making proper contact and cutting the power???

Holdenboy_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VS
thanks for the replies, i should have mentioned that i've re joined all wires since this problem has been goin on for and still does it.

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
thanks for the replies, i should have mentioned that i've re joined all wires since this problem has been goin on for and still does it.

Check the Earth for the AMP and you have proper contact with the fuse in the holder...

Have you put a multimeter on it at the amp??

Holdenboy_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VS
nah i havnt put a multimeter on the amp..... dont really know how to use one properly lol.......... will check earth again 2morrow as well as fuse but pretty sure ther all 100%

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
nah i havnt put a multimeter on the amp..... dont really know how to use one properly lol.......... will check earth again 2morrow as well as fuse but pretty sure ther all 100%

If you have a multimeter -- can tell you how to check it!

sounds like that it is either a trigger wire or it is earthing somewhere

Suggest that you plus a good star washer under the connector for the earth for the amp so you get a nice meaty GROUND!

Though it may be the fuse in the holder not making good connection! this is an easy one as it will cause some HEAT well a lot of heat!

What AMP is it!??

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i had the same problem 1nc was the fuse holder the metal casing on the lil fuse itself they kept coming loose on the ends found some decent 1ns and it hasnt done it since

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
is the speaker wire in to far and touching the speaker basket or ya ohms are all wrong
i was trying to run a dule 4 ohm 12'' sub off a amp that could run a dule 2 ohm sub and getting beefy bass but it was giving a signal on the mutimeter at the sub of 0 ohm which was making the amp work over time, it would over heat and a safety thing would shut it off

thats what i understand from what was happening to mine, but im prolly way off
theres heaps of things to consider, even a screw that holds a speaker could be touching the body of the car :bang: