Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp Mounting Possitions

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Hey fellas,
i am still a bit new to the VT side of things, i have done a search and looked through WAY too much stuff trying to find what i wanna know. Being unsuccesful in my search i need some help...
I am going to have my stereo installed next week some time as i dont know my way around my VT well enough to install tweeters in the front and all that kinda stuff... soo... my question is, can you guys show me some places that i can have my amp installed where it wont get in the way of the floor mat or the boot hindges, i wanna figure out where i want it put. it doesn't have to be anything fancy, jst neat.
thanks alot
Cheers
raZel :thumbsup:

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
do you want in on display, or out of the way? If out of the way, see my link, i'm sure you could do something similar...

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
nah i want it on display a little, but not too much, like i dont want a custom box that will take up half the boot if u know what i mean....
i was thinking about on the side facing out ... like more towards the back of the seats, what do you think?
cheers

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Mounted mine on a slim piece of plywood in the boot and under the parcel shelf. It is out of the way but can also be seen if standing back from the car with the boot lid open.

Used the plywood to give a level base for the amp and also widen my options as to where holes in the wood could be drilled to attached to the rear shelf

Replaced my front door and tweeter speakers - not too hard a job. Bypassed the rear door speakers and placed some 6x9's in the parcel shelf using holden speaker grills to cover the rear shelf cut outs.

Also have a sub woofer loccated in the boot facing the ski port - this can be removed if needed if boot space is required.

Sorry don't have any pictures just yet

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
i would still prefer to have it slightly on show if possible...! thanks for your help tho! much appreciated.

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
this is a pic of my setup in my vx. amps are mounted on angles in corners and the bootlid hinges don't touch.

Attachments

• HPIM0092.JPG
    HPIM0092.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 1,922
  • HPIM0088.JPG
    HPIM0088.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 558
  • HPIM0087.JPG
    HPIM0087.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 912

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
i like that... thats a good one ...

neat, out of the way!
cheers mate

wheelisick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore. Executive 2. V6. 3.8l
Depending on where you are located, I'd be more than happy to give it a go,
I'm not qualified in any way, but have Installed Camera's front and back, countless head units, amplifiers, sub's ect.
Currently working on my new too me VY.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Depending on where you are located, I'd be more than happy to give it a go,
I'm not qualified in any way, but have Installed Camera's front and back, countless head units, amplifiers, sub's ect.
Currently working on my new too me VY.

After 18 years, I don't think he'll need it or respond.