Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp trouble...

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
I own a VT commodore series 2 and have bought new speakers for it... i have installed the rear speakers and have now taken a a headunit and amp out of another car... i put them in my commy and the rear speakers and headunit work fine but the amp wont work... the amp came out an old ford EB and i have put it back into the ford an it does work but for some reason it wont work in the commodore... i have wired it up exactly the same as it was in the ford but it doesent seem to work. im thinking it might have something to do with the ground wire ??

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
If you own a volt/continuity meter or even a test lamp it can then easily be solved, as it would save all the guessing as it's certainly not rocket science.. Constant 12v, triggered 12v, negative to to body of the car and making sure you have a good continuity to the body (scrap the paint away)

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
sometimes the trigger wire (remote) wire stuffs up in the RCA's if there in there get a wire run from power on amp to rem then see if it turns on.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
I used about 3 diffrent types of wires to run from the System control to the back of the headunit and it still wont run... I have again set it up in the old car and it works fine but it wont work at all in the commy ??

voja95vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS executive
has to be your earth wire, is it touching bare metal?

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
I have sanded all the paint off under the seat and attatched it to the metal but still nothing...

voja95vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS executive
ok, what kind of amp is it? does it have any sort of light to signal its on?

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Its a 300watt pioneer amp... 2 channel... I pulled it out my work car, a EB falcon and it was working fine... then i wired it up to my commodore and nothing, so i put it back into the ford and it works... i have used the same headunit and all but it wont turn on... it has a red light which comes on when its powered up.

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
i used to have an amp that would only work when the car is running. do you have your engine running while you check everything?

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Yup sure did... i started it stoped it, rewired it all but i dont know... haha might have to take it to a audioshop i guess.