Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] An Ecotec, a turbo, and a man a.k.a Ecotec Turbo Build

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
I ordered some Deka's in the end, can I ask did you put them in and get it tuned to run with them? I thought they were direct swaps but as soon as I switch on the ignition is floods the engine so clearly I am wrong :bomb:

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Well almost one year from when I said I would do this it is officially completed. Picked it up on Sat from the workshop, old girl is boosting about 7psi and pushing around 190rwkw. Still teething issues at the moment, but overall its going well!

Small video of compressor stall which is all I have at the moment until I go down again this week to play with it.
VS T5 Ecotec Turbo - YouTube

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the cheap turbo wont last long sneezing away with no BOV ask matt_vp LOL his blew all the fins off the compressor wheel

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Hey my Turbo died due to a bit of metal inside the manifolds finding its way to the Turbo and stopping it from spinning. The flogged out bushes from no bov proberly didn't help. Lol.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Well almost one year from when I said I would do this it is officially completed. Picked it up on Sat from the workshop, old girl is boosting about 7psi and pushing around 190rwkw. Still teething issues at the moment, but overall its going well!

Small video of compressor stall which is all I have at the moment until I go down again this week to play with it.
VS T5 Ecotec Turbo - YouTube

You've done a good job mate! I'm looking to do something similar on a spare engine that i have chillin in the shed.

Wouldnt mind having a sus of your setup

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Haha well the amount it gets used I'm going to see how long that turbo lasts first, for $200 I cant complain if it dies and I need to get another one lol

Sure thing mate, its not the most polished setup out there, but considering it was all custom from scratch I think it does the job. However I do advise if your going to do it properly not to run the MAF because it is a big restriction. Plan is when its all paid off I will get an EMS ECU and have it retuned with that without the MAF.